Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2015

There today at 10am. One on the edge.

Rubbish viewing angle meant you can only see half the bird. Shame.

I have a couple of bird feeders just outside my study window,I was watching a few blue tits and dunnocks feeding last week when bam a peregrine female swooped from nowhere and grabbed a small bird!.She landed on the lawn and proceeded to butcher and eat the prey,she was a beautiful specimen,after a short time despite me standing stock still she stared at me with a piercing looking eye and she was off flying away with her catch!.It was amazing the speed of the attack,I see a sparrowhawk at odd times in my garden landing having a quick look around and off again,there must be a few predators around because its very quiet on the feeders at the present time!.

Edited by old tup
spelling again

Plenty of activity in the area today, male and female.

if anyone is interested, the LAYSAN ALBATROSS CAM is now up and running, two nests, two chicks

The Sheffield nest box has a Falcon there now, i'm assuming it will be the female.

I've been looking out for the Nottingham birds, haven't seen those yet but the Derby Cathedral Peregrines have both been in the nest box today, the female calling to him.

One bird at Nottingham now

2 minutes after posting this the falcon flew off. Disappointed, I switched to the sheffcam just in time to see a falcon land on the nest box there.

Christ these birds are quick :hihi:

I would love to ser the nest. I've looked at the uni building oposite children's hosp at side of park but see nothing

---------- Post added 15-02-2015 at 18:50 ----------

I would love to see the nest. I've looked at the uni building oposite children's hosp at side of park but see nothing

I would love to ser the nest. I've looked at the uni building oposite children's hosp at side of park but see nothing

---------- Post added 15-02-2015 at 18:50 ----------

I would love to see the nest. I've looked at the uni building oposite children's hosp at side of park but see nothing

It is on St Georges Church.

The one in Bath often has an owl going over the leftover prey