Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2015

Both probably lurking in the corner of the nest box, out of the wind and rain (and also out of sight).

I stand corrected:

Sheffield Peregrine ‏@peregrines2015 2h2 hours ago

The first of the #superegrines has left the box, taking refuge on a ledge near the clock, closely watched by mum and dad

Edited by PeteM01

Can't see any of them unless they are in blind corner again away from this nasty wind......or have they finally flown the nest. All looks empty

still in the box I think. must be feeling a tad lonely. has looked so intent on flying but just daren't make it!! in this wind she's probably very wise.

One has left home! Apparently last seen on ledge by clock. Her sister has been screaming her head off. Not seen parents as yet.

no.1 chick just reappeared from round corner of ledge to visit little sister who jumped from the ledge back into the scrape and shrieked loudly as if to say "come back in here with me". But big sister flew off!!

no.1 chick just reappeared from round corner of ledge to visit little sister who jumped from the ledge back into the scrape and shrieked loudly as if to say "come back in here with me". But big sister flew off!!

That's very early for a flight and in such blustery wind, too. Has anyone seen the chick left behind being fed?

That's very early for a flight and in such blustery wind, too. Has anyone seen the chick left behind being fed?

not seen any feeding. one of the adults did put in an appearance but no food. wondered if this was a way to entice the chick from the scrape.

teatime in Sheffield

---------- Post added 02-06-2015 at 19:37 ----------

Only one Sheffield chick being fed by parent in the box - no sight of the other chick though

I get nervous everytime the stay at home chick ventures out on to the edge of the box.

She's looking around, up and down as if to say can I, shall I ?

The chick sitting on the edge of the scrape looks incredibly grown up bearing in mind how fluffy she still was a week ago. Is she the only one left in the nest now?

Looks like it.

A good defluffing session going on.