Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2015

The chicks in Sheffield are rocking the 'supremely scruffy with fluffy pantaloons' look :)

The chicks in Sheffield are rocking the 'supremely scruffy with fluffy pantaloons' look :)

Brilliant!

Perfect description!

Chicks feeding themselves now

Yes,which is good to see. They're maturing fast. But have to say that they're rubbish at sharing. The bigger one has just helped herself, leaving her sister without, just standing, looking a bit forlorn & being battered by the elements.

one of the chicks just been standing on the outer ledge of the scrape. watching through my fingers!!

Dinner time in Sheffield and yes, they're dreadful at the concept of sharing :hihi:

It's tea time!

I must have missed seeing breakfast this morning. Two chicks, fast asleep, growing & blowing in the wind.

anyone managing to keep up to date with Notts chicks? Have seen all 3 this morning eating but then camera freezes and next thing they've all disappeared! When they first fly, do they go for good or do they return to the scrape for a while?

They do return to the ledge, if not the nest, on occasion, biut not necessarily within camera shot.

A bit off subject (hope that's o.k.) but not so familiar with Sheffield these days. Looking out over Sheff from the webcam, what's the area on the skyline? Is it out on the moors? And do I see wind turbines? And the tall chimney from which I see smoke sometimes?

They do return to the ledge, if not the nest, on occasion, biut not necessarily within camera shot.

One Notts chick back on the ledge at the mo. Hopped into the scrape, pecked at something, hopped out & is now bus-spotting.