Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2015

Pigeon @ Notts as well.

Someone's playing with Camera One in Nottingham - giving some closeup shots along the ledge

Blissful. Test Match on the radio (& England's winning by the look of it), & Peregrine chicks on the laptop. They're too fat to fit in the secret corner now, so Wrinkly 67 can relax without worrying that they're missing. Get close to the edge though, & look very interested in the outside world.

Anyone else having techie problems with the Notts site? At this end, the footage keeps freezing.

Really? :o

That's a bit of an odd one.

I wondered what it was at first - all I could see was the red bit, while the dad was decapitating it. Then when it flipped it over you could see the white marks on the wings, poor thing.

I'd love to see a lesser spotted woodpecker in town. Hard enough trying to see one out and about in the woods.

Blissful. Test Match on the radio (& England's winning by the look of it), & Peregrine chicks on the laptop. They're too fat to fit in the secret corner now, so Wrinkly 67 can relax without worrying that they're missing. Get close to the edge though, & look very interested in the outside world.

Anyone else having techie problems with the Notts site? At this end, the footage keeps freezing.

Thanks for the thoughts cafelady! Its the Notts ones bothering me now when they're out on the ledge! Worse than having kids of your own.

The Notts camera has always frozen for a few seconds every so often all the time I've been watching it. So one minute I see a chick on the outer ledge, then the camera freezes and the next time the cameras running, the chick has disappeared. I have to hang around then to make sure they are all accounted for.

Pigeon @ Sheffield

The first hop onto the front edge of the box can't be far away. Both birds have been eyeing it up this afternoon.

One of the US peregrine sites puts a cage over the nesting box to stop the chicks trying to perch too soon!

The first hop onto the front edge of the box can't be far away. Both birds have been eyeing it up this afternoon.

One of the US peregrine sites puts a cage over the nesting box to stop the chicks trying to perch too soon!

Oh no, my heart's in my mouth. Just checked; one's snoozing & the feistier one's quite near the front & having a good look around. I'm new to this - do they hop onto the front ledge & just hop off, or do they try to fly?

A bit of hopping and shuffling on the edge, followed by jumping on to the roof of the box, where one of the parents will have taken a meal to entice them. I remember one of them falling back into the box a few times doing this.

Both being vocal. Wanting their tea I guess!

Just had tea in Sheffield - one pigeon but fed in three sittings