Hit and run Asian lady Blue Golf

each element of description eliminates a mass of people from finding a potential suspect. It's basic logic and forms the first line of enquiry.

So from the post we have

lady (that eliminates all the men)

Asian (that eliminates all those not of Asian appearance)

Golf (that eliminates everyone not owning a golf

Blue (eliminates all Non-blue Golfs as the vehicle)

So we now have less than a few billion people who might be first line suspects.

Only a few billion :)

each element of description eliminates a mass of people from finding a potential suspect. It's basic logic and forms the first line of enquiry.

So from the post we have

lady (that eliminates all the men)

Asian (that eliminates all those not of Asian appearance)

Golf (that eliminates everyone not owning a golf

Blue (eliminates all Non-blue Golfs as the vehicle)

So we now have less than a few billion people who might be first line suspects.

and in the Newfield Green area on the day in question.

Get off your high horse, please. Describing someone as "asian" is not very helpful at all, given that asia is huge continent of approx 4.4 billion people covering 51 countries. Not really specific is it?!

It's more specific than just describing them as "human" isn't it?

To extend your argument, describing them as female is even less helpful, since that's half the population of the planet!

Or on the other hand, it just halved the number of possible people.

It's the combination of information that narrows it down isn't it.

Blue (car)

Golf (type of car)

Female (gender of driver)

Asian (ethnicity of driver)

Location (that road)

Time (that time)

You put all these together and you've excluded 99.999% of people and cars in the world.

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 13:45 ----------

Asia is a continent of 51 countries where the appearance of the people vary greatly. She could match the appearance of someone from any one of those countries so no, it's not very helpful.

It's still more helpful than the driver potentially matching the appearance of people from one of 196 countries. Which is the alternative. :roll:

---------- Post added 16-01-2015 at 13:46 ----------

Only a few billion :)

I doubt there are a few billion Golfs on the road worldwide, never mind in the UK.

Get off your high horse, please. Describing someone as "asian" is not very helpful at all, given that asia is huge continent of approx 4.4 billion people covering 51 countries. Not really specific is it?!

Thing is though, if they had described them as Pakistani etc, people would be up in arms as to ''how do you know she was Pakistani'' etc etc so the OP was going to be pishing into the wind whatever they said with half of people on here

Asia is a continent of 51 countries where the appearance of the people vary greatly. She could match the appearance of someone from any one of those countries so no, it's not very helpful.

How can someone so stupid operate a computer?

Would the thread title have been 'hit and run white lady blue golf' if the driver had been a white lady? Just asking!

I've obviously created a bit of controversial debate with this cheeky post...quite on purpose if I'm honest!

There is no way the woman's skin colour would have been quoted if she were white, I think we all sometimes fall into what some view as pseudo racist language in everyday conversation almost certainly without wishing to cause offence. It's only by education and highlighting things like this we become truly blind to irrelevant differences and integrate fully with society. Interestingly the police might use these codes to identify the ethnicity of the driver...note there is no use of the words Pakistani or Indian in these descriptions!!

Wonder Boy IC1

IC1 – White - North European

IC2 – Dark European

IC3 – Black

IC4 – (South) Asian

IC5 – Chinese, Japanese, or other South-East Asian

IC6 – Arabic or North African

IC9 – Unknown

My post has gone somewhere? Strange. Anyway after seeing the thread ive decided to report her to the police. If it wasnt her then shes nothing to fear but well see.

I'll amend the title to placate the PC Ninnies

Car hits ambulance worker. But then that could be anyone...

I'll amend the title to placate the PC Ninnies

Car hits ambulance worker. But then that could be anyone...

I dont get why everyon is so hung up about race. Its a bit sad really

I dont get why everyon is so hung up about race. Its a bit sad really

Its food and drink to them... a froth a day keeps the doctor away :hihi:

But they don't all live over here, drive a blue golf and hit an ambulance person. The OP was giving a description of the driver. what did you want them to say that she was white? That would not have been a correct description then would it?