Loxley Road Closed By Police. Avoid Area. 11/1/15

Loxley Road S6, Closed by police due to serious incident. Emergency services in attendance.

Edited by sheffandy

2 kids on their bikes were hit by a car. They were 11 and 15. Both taken away in ambulances.

Does anyone know if they r ok

Copper said it looked like they both had broken legs and possibly more. The younger one had a head injury as hit the wind screen of the car. So very very sad. And no doubt the car was speeding. It's a 30 limit but most cars take no notice.

Does anyone know if they r ok

There are a good few asking exactly the same thing on "Online Sheffield" on facebook including the lady who phoned the ambulance.

Nice to see concern as opposed to speculation on here. My thoughts are with all effected in this and I pray for a full, speedy recovery for the poor children involved.

I post this and then somebody speculates. At the moment the is no evidence to suggest that the car was speeding from what I have read elsewhere. Unless you know otherwise (in which case tell the police not the forum). Our thoughts should be with those involved right now and not fuelling speculation when nobody knows the ins and outs.

Edited by synewsguy

Copper said it looked like they both had broken legs and possibly more. The younger one had a head injury as hit the wind screen of the car. So very very sad. And no doubt the car was speeding. It's a 30 limit but most cars take no notice.

Hope they had helmets on. But with a head injury it doesn't sound like it. Poor kids.

wonder if they had lights on their bikes ,as it was obviously dark when the accident happened.

Hope they had helmets on. But with a head injury it doesn't sound like it. Poor kids.

They may well have done - a cycle helmet is designed to protect you if you fall off onto the ground, not if you hit a car moving a lot faster than you are.

I have heard broken legs. They are very lucky. Get well soon x

I hope they r ok one of the boys i am told is à friend of my sons.

I have no evidence the car was speeding or not. And personally no one will know that until the police have finished their investigation. But when you see the injuries of those poor 2 boys, (and one of them my sons friend), the damage to the car and the bikes it does cross your mind that the car may have been speeding. And personally living on loxley rd for years I can pretty much say the majority of cars/motorbikes speed . Even writing to the council has made no difference as the they basically said there weren't enough accidents to warrant further safety measures. So yes I may have been speculating about the driver speeding ( and don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for the driver), but based on what I see day in and day out on Loxley rd who would blame me.