Sore heels after walking

I have Plantar Fasciitis. (10 weeks)

Really awful - I am limping around

Any advice ????

Think it started when I wore flat sandals in hot weather

---------- Post added 27-10-2018 at 10:22 ----------

Where is this support group?

I've had plantar in my left heel for over a year now and tried everything even joining a support group, to make things worse is I have now broken my right leg and ankle and getting around on crutches is agony on my left heel.

I have Plantar Fasciitis. (10 weeks)

Really awful - I am limping around

Any advice ????

Think it started when I wore flat sandals in hot weather

---------- Post added 27-10-2018 at 10:22 ----------

Where is this support group?

I called at my local cobblers and asked for some gel inserts, my feet used to kill me due to walking a lot at the weekend, the cobbler told me not to mess about with anything like that, he gave me some simple sole inserts to fit in my boots, nothing fancy, just plain simple inserts, i kind of laughed and said that they wouldnt be any good, he assured me that they would mould to my feet, he said put them in and forget about them, he was indeed right, within a short time all the pain was gone, i was utterly amazed,i think they only cost 3 or 4 pound, i can find out what make they were if you are bothered

Can you tell me what cobbler? Or Name /Brand of insole Did they have arch support? Thanks

I called at my local cobblers and asked for some gel inserts, my feet used to kill me due to walking a lot at the weekend, the cobbler told me not to mess about with anything like that, he gave me some simple sole inserts to fit in my boots, nothing fancy, just plain simple inserts, i kind of laughed and said that they wouldnt be any good, he assured me that they would mould to my feet, he said put them in and forget about them, he was indeed right, within a short time all the pain was gone, i was utterly amazed,i think they only cost 3 or 4 pound, i can find out what make they were if you are bothered

---------- Post added 29-10-2018 at 09:18 ----------

I had new boots and ankle collar rubbed on back of achilles tendon so I had to give up wearing them!:(

Can I just ask, is the pain under the bottom of your heels or around the back?

If you have any pain or burning around the back of your heels after a walk then that is actually to do with your Achilles tendons and could be related to pressure from your boots on the tendons as you walk, and this very much needs immediate action to prevent permanent damage to the tendons.

I had Plantar Fasiitis for 10 months. Firstly because I ignored my Physio sons advise to rest it.

Secondly I tried all the cheap inserts, gel inserts.

Ordered some of the proper PF inserts off Amazon, bit expensive but they worked 100%

Can you tell me what cobbler? Or Name /Brand of insole Did they have arch support? Thanks

---------- Post added 29-10-2018 at 09:18 ----------

I had new boots and ankle collar rubbed on back of achilles tendon so I had to give up wearing them!:(

Hiya, i bought them from

Speedy shoe service

parkgate

rotherham

01709 522704

No they didnt have arch support or anything, they were just a plane old insert, i was very very sceptical that they would work, but for the sake of a few pounds i thought why not give them a go, the cobbler assured me they would be fine, he was indeed correct.

i have just looked in my boots and the insert just has sport wrote on it, no brand or anything, perhaps give him a call and ask?

From what my lad tells me it depends where the inflammation is in the Plantar(the membrane that runs under all of your foot). The inserts I had supported around the edge of the heel so took the pressure off the centre of the heel where my inflammation was.

Where is a support group for PF? :)

I've had plantar in my left heel for over a year now and tried everything even joining a support group, to make things worse is I have now broken my right leg and ankle and getting around on crutches is agony on my left heel.

---------- Post added 11-11-2018 at 09:15 ----------

Thanks very much BanjoDean

Hiya, i bought them from

Speedy shoe service

parkgate

rotherham

01709 522704

No they didnt have arch support or anything, they were just a plane old insert, i was very very sceptical that they would work, but for the sake of a few pounds i thought why not give them a go, the cobbler assured me they would be fine, he was indeed correct.

i have just looked in my boots and the insert just has sport wrote on it, no brand or anything, perhaps give him a call and ask?