Sore heels after walking

Anyone else suffer from them, i have a good strong pair of sturdy walking boots, but there is little give in them, and after we have walked 7 or 8 miles my heels become very tender, and the next morning i get out of bed i can hardly walk,

Hi

I wonder if it might be Plantar Fasciitis? The symptoms seem (on face value) to fit the bill. I know I had it for a while and it was excruciating.

Fully agree it does sound like Plantar Fasciitis, i had it as well and when i got up in the morning it felt like my foot was going to snap when i put it to the floor for about the first 15 minutes or so, mine went away after about 3 months or so. not sure if theres anything much you can do apart from give it time.

Hi

I wonder if it might be Plantar Fasciitis? The symptoms seem (on face value) to fit the bill. I know I had it for a while and it was excruciating.

I have googled that, and that sounds like what i have, also came up with the "Policemans heel" sympton, i think i am going to buy some gel heels to cushion my heels, it only started when i started walking in my sturdy boots...i dont want to miss a weekend walk, so i will try to add some cushioning to my boots

Thats a good idea, i used some insoles which keep your arches high so it keeps the muscle underneath your foot stretched a little, it certainly helped with the morning walking problem, it is unfortunately though still a matter of giving it time, i dont think theres any magic cure.

Thats a good idea, i used some insoles which keep your arches high so it keeps the muscle underneath your foot stretched a little, it certainly helped with the morning walking problem, it is unfortunately though still a matter of giving it time, i dont think theres any magic cure.

true Graham...rest is the answer....but i cant miss a walk..lol

I know what you mean, i like to go running and having to miss some runs when i had PF did,nt go down too well.

I've had plantar in my left heel for over a year now and tried everything even joining a support group, to make things worse is I have now broken my right leg and ankle and getting around on crutches is agony on my left heel.

Just an update...i bought some insoles from cobblers, i asked for the new gel heels things that are out, but he said you need these old fashioned insoles that mold to the shape of your feet....tried them on a 9.5 walk and my feet were a lot better this morning, usually i am in agony, but just a little soreness this morning...but they were still sore from last week though, so hopefully i will be fine from now....anyone suffering the same, please give them a try

Can I just ask, is the pain under the bottom of your heels or around the back?

If you have any pain or burning around the back of your heels after a walk then that is actually to do with your Achilles tendons and could be related to pressure from your boots on the tendons as you walk, and this very much needs immediate action to prevent permanent damage to the tendons.

Can I just ask, is the pain under the bottom of your heels or around the back?

If you have any pain or burning around the back of your heels after a walk then that is actually to do with your Achilles tendons and could be related to pressure from your boots on the tendons as you walk, and this very much needs immediate action to prevent permanent damage to the tendons.

The pain was all over the heel Medusa...but definitely most on the bottom..i cant believe how much better they feel after the insole was inserted :huh:

If it is plantar fasciitis banjo, then sadly, the relief from your soles will only be temporary - your best bet is to follow the advice that I was given by an amazing dr as a last ditch attempt to avoid a very nasty operation:

i) wear supportive cushioned trainers at all times when your feet are going to be touching any floor! have them at the side of the bed even for when you go to the loo at night, and use them!

ii) never put your feet on the floor after a break in walking (eg on waking before you get up - even before a trip to the loo in the middle of the night, and after sitting) unless you do a minimum of 30 seconds warm up exercises first - lift your legs up and work circles with your ankles and knees and flex and squeeze your feet in to a ball - i used to do 8 of each

do this religiously, and if it is plantar fasciitis, this might save you!