How much do you pay for your water and sewerage

Hi, We were paying £600.00 p.a. before fitting a meter. It has dropped to about £300.00 p.a., should be £200.00 p.a., but we have had a leak, which on a meter you have to pay for. The leak is fixed and we are paying less than we did. But note, if you do have a leak with a meter you are held to be responsible .

Hi stress consul, where was your leak?

I had one last year and two workers from Yorkshire water board worked on it all day, located the leak, replaced the pipe under my footpath.

I would not have known about it if it wasn't for receiving a call saying my water usage was a little high.

The repair was free of charge and I am on a meter.

Is it true if I have a meter fitted I can have it removed if it works out more?

Yorkshire water will fit you a water meter free off charge. You can then try it for 12 months and if you don't like it you can go back on to your old method of paying for your water,, But the water meter is left fitted in your property and if you flit ,the new tennants have to use the water meter. I went on to a water meter and my bill dropped from 60 pounds a month to just 15 pounds a month

Hi, Just wondering what other people are paying for their water monthly?

I have just discovered that i'm paying £96.40 monthly!! does that sound right?

i'm a single person living in a 4 bedroomed house S6 area.

£49 a month, large three bed detached and I'm not on a meter. I have two bathrooms and three kids, two under 5 - Yorkshire Water told me I'd use more than that on a meter, especially in the summer.

Looks to me, and I might be daft here, that those NOT on a meter are being royally shafted for the fact that they don't like a meter.

Think of it this way: Without a meter you don't know whether you are being overcharged, with a meter you do.

The fact that two of us pay just over a quarter of what the OP spends on his own should set alarm bells off all on its own.

if theres more bedrooms than people in the house fit a meter:thumbsup:

I think mines £18 a month and I don't have a meter. Was spending £19 a month in a previous metered property, the chap from Yorkshire water told me (quite rightly) that a meter would be pointless and advised me to leave as is, that way I don't have to worry about using too much water :)

Although if I had had a meter I would have saved because I'm hardly ever there and have had 1 bath and done 1 sinkful of washing up in the last month :suspect:

.......................single person, pay £21 per month, three bed semi.

Looks to me, and I might be daft here, that those NOT on a meter are being royally shafted for the fact that they don't like a meter.

Not really; the meter calculator http://www.ccwater.org.uk/watermetercalculator/ has me spending £760 per year compared to the 588 I currently spend. When the water company told me I'd be cheaper without one, they were right.