Centertainment parking

I am thinking of parking next to the Burger king entrance where I am more likely to get a spot, I've parked at that spot to take the kids to monkey bizness for a hour or two before and had no bother.

I am thinking of parking next to the Burger king entrance where I am more likely to get a spot, I've parked at that spot to take the kids to monkey bizness for a hour or two before and had no bother.

Shhhh. don't tell anyone about Burger King parking, they're the only spaces left when it's busy! :)

Shhhh. don't tell anyone about Burger King parking, they're the only spaces left when it's busy! :)

You just did.

If you are using Centretainment facilities then you can park as long as you like. Cinema followed by a meal or a game of bowling will take longer than three hours. The retail park have a three hour limit (which is stupid as the place is shut at night) and they will send you a 'parking notice fine' for overstaying. However, as others have said it is completely unenforceable so just ignore it.

oinkjames, with respect, if you are going to give what is effectively legal advice, please check it out first.

The law has now changed, and ignoring isn't necessarily a sensible option.

It could come back to bite you for anything up to 6 years.

Please check out the advice on pepipoo, MSE, or parkingprankster, to name a few; don't just take my word for it.

Can you specify what law changed and what means now?

As we speak few groups are trying to put pressure on government to stop issuing parking fines by private companies. Hopefully they will sort it out eventually.

Can you specify what law changed and what means now?

As we speak few groups are trying to put pressure on government to stop issuing parking fines by private companies. Hopefully they will sort it out eventually.

I believe the introduction of POFA HERE

But as stated, please do your own research.

I understand another option is to park at a tram stop and then take the tram in.

We live on the south side of the city. Any advice on the best tram stop where we could leave our car?

I understand another option is to park at a tram stop and then take the tram in.

We live on the south side of the city. Any advice on the best tram stop where we could leave our car?

The Nunnery Square stop, just off the parkway has a huge carpark as its one of the official park and ride sites. I have used it in the past when attending an Arena event.

---------- Post added 09-03-2016 at 16:09 ----------

The place is so packed I'm unsure where all the cars are coming from. The place can be near full at 10:30am on a sunday for pete's sake!

Footfall cant be increasing as there is no more amenities to use. At peak times you have no chance of getting a table in any of the restaurants and the cinema is no more busy than it has been for the last 5 years.

The Nunnery Square stop, just off the parkway has a huge carpark as its one of the official park and ride sites. I have used it in the past when attending an Arena event.

Thanks -- that would work for us.

Looking at this thread, I'm surprised not many people see it. Not young ones of course as they don't know any different.

When I used to go the cinema/shops/anything for that matter... I just went, by however means.

Now everything is a complication.

It's why I stay at home, and order things online/watch on entertainment devices/generally avoid outings.

there's enough surface streets close by which are perfectly usable. That is if you don't know about any of the hidden car parks dotted around the area.