Thank you lovely stranger

This is most likely a long shot but if the lovely lady I encountered today is in here I'd like to say a big thank you for your kindness.

Embarrassingly I didn't have enough money to cover my shopping today in Asda Handsworth and you gave me £1 to help me out. It was so kind of you and I don't think I'll ever forget it lol. My husband has a cheque clearing tomorrow so I will drop the £1 in the charity box at Asda as you requested (I only live across the road) Thank you. There are some lovely people about :)

That is very lovely. We had a similar thing happen just before Christmas. My son bought some shopping at our co op and came to pay but my card was declined something to do with new bank charges I hadn't accounted for. It meant I had no money in my account - son had none in his so he had to say sorry we'll have to put it all back as Mum will have to go borrow some cash from a friend to tide us over. The girl behind the counter though said she'd pay for it for us and just told my son to bring the money on Christmas eve when she was working next! We do use the shop a couple of times a week so she knew we'd be in again but when my son told me I was gobsmacked (very nearly burst into tears). It was about £30 so quite a lot. And we did pay her back on Christmas eve with much thanks :) There are lots of helpful kind people in the world - we just never hear about it!

Aww, lovely stories. :)

I work in a petrol station and a few months ago, a guy filled up with around £60 of fuel and his card declined. He called his bank and found that for some reason they'd put a block on his card. He was panicking because not only had he got his fuel to pay for, he also needed to buy food and pay for his hotel. While he was on the phone, another customer overheard and when he came to my till, he said he wanted to pay for the other customers fuel. He never even asked how much it was, just paid. He said he'd recently come into a lot of money and wanted to use it to help others. The bloke was gobsmacked and was asking for the gentlemans contact details so he could repay him but he said he didn't want a penny of it back!

It's really heartwarming when things like this happen. Shows there is still plenty of decent people around :)

That is very lovely. We had a similar thing happen just before Christmas. My son bought some shopping at our co op and came to pay but my card was declined something to do with new bank charges I hadn't accounted for. It meant I had no money in my account - son had none in his so he had to say sorry we'll have to put it all back as Mum will have to go borrow some cash from a friend to tide us over. The girl behind the counter though said she'd pay for it for us and just told my son to bring the money on Christmas eve when she was working next! We do use the shop a couple of times a week so she knew we'd be in again but when my son told me I was gobsmacked (very nearly burst into tears). It was about £30 so quite a lot. And we did pay her back on Christmas eve with much thanks :) There are lots of helpful kind people in the world - we just never hear about it!

That is a LOVELY story. What a great thing to do. Thanks for sharing that.

---------- Post added 10-01-2015 at 14:06 ----------

Aww, lovely stories. :)

I work in a petrol station and a few months ago, a guy filled up with around £60 of fuel and his card declined. He called his bank and found that for some reason they'd put a block on his card. He was panicking because not only had he got his fuel to pay for, he also needed to buy food and pay for his hotel. While he was on the phone, another customer overheard and when he came to my till, he said he wanted to pay for the other customers fuel. He never even asked how much it was, just paid. He said he'd recently come into a lot of money and wanted to use it to help others. The bloke was gobsmacked and was asking for the gentlemans contact details so he could repay him but he said he didn't want a penny of it back!

It's really heartwarming when things like this happen. Shows there is still plenty of decent people around :)

WOW! Another wonderful story. It's not all bad, is it!

I think most people would have done the same. I've done it to the person in the queue before me quite a few times

what a heart warming story, well done stranger we need more like you in this world :thumbsup:

i wouldn't let the person in front go away and put something back just because they are short of cash, i always offer to pay. A bit of money is nothing really is it. If anyone offers to pay me back, i always tell them to put it in a charity box of their choice, or help someone else. Its a good feeling helping someone out.

What lovely reading for a Sunday Morning God bless to you all

Absolutely wonderful stories and I hope the good samaritans receive some good will in the future for their generosity. Reminds me of the excellent film 'Pay it forward' and restores some faith given the times of austerity we all live in.