Removal of old settee and chair

Does anyone know if Sheffield city council will collect an old 3 seater and chair and if so who do you contact? One of the seats of the settee has collapsed a bit so dont think it's worth contacting charities although if anyone can fix it they're welcome to it.

Any info/assistance greatly appreciated!

Cheers for that. Anyone know of any private companies as a comparison??

Was quoted an eye-watering SIXTY FIVE QUID to remove my old sofa by a company associated by DFS! No charity would have it as it is damaged.

Just rang the Council myself to book it in for next week, my sofa is classed as 2 items (comes in two pieces as it is a corner sofa) so I can get rid of a third item too whilst I am at it. And all for £19.50. Bargain.

That's definitely worth thinking about getting other things out of the way at the same time if they charge the same price for 1 or 3 items. Hmmmm, what else can I get rid of!!!

Just sent you a pm .

cheers

That's definitely worth thinking about getting other things out of the way at the same time if they charge the same price for 1 or 3 items. Hmmmm, what else can I get rid of!!!
I don't think they take wifes:hihi:

I don't think they take wifes:hihi:

Oi I am the wife!

St Lukes will collect it for free

Don't think it's in good enough nic for st Luke's mecky

The council's bulk waste collection is usually a good deal, you really can't go wrong at £19.50 for three items.

Just make sure its outside before the collection time. At 07:01 the collected my sofa and chairs. They must have

been waiting round the corner.

If anyone offers to do it cheaper ask to see their licence to carry waste and where they are going to dispose of it.

The last thing you want to see is your sofa on some nearby waste land or fly-tipped in the local wood.