Charlie Hebdo public remembrance event, Barkers Pool, 11.01.15, 3pm

It sounds clear to me.

If anyone who attended would care to write down their feelings on how it went I would be grateful to them.

It sounds clear to me.

If anyone who attended would care to write down their feelings on how it went I would be grateful to them.

Hi RR

It was a really positive event, and we were told that at the peak point, there were around 800 people in attendance. Lots of interesting viewpoints were expressed, and there was even a very small protest by 3 skinheads carrying a Union Jack (who we specifically requested that the police leave alone so they could express themselves, although no-one knew what group they were meant to be representing).

Thanks to all who attended; we appreciate that it was a very cold day and were glad to see so many people put the effort in.

We were happy to see the local news covering it, although a little more balanced coverage would have been great as there were a number of different views represented - humanist, muslim, jewish, buddhist etc.

The Facebook page will hopefully publish the transcript of speeches over the next few days, and we're hoping to get them put somewhere public so those who could not attend can still find out what was said on the day.

How kind of you Jenni and how wonderful that Sheffield showed respect and solidarity with the people who were slain.

Thank you and I. Hope the message gets through.

Joe.