Charlie Hebdo public remembrance event, Barkers Pool, 11.01.15, 3pm

It does make me laugh.Many cant even care about their neighbours next door yet watch BBC for a few hours about people in another country they had never heard of 2 days ago,repeated a few times and we all go gaga :)

But lets go and get a bit more miserable cos watching it all on tv just isnt enough......

How on earth do you know that people don't even care for their neighbours.

Please speak for yourself.

Just a reminder that this is happening today. We'd love to see as many people there as possible, whether you are non-religious, christian, muslim etc.

It doesn't matter whether you identify with 'Je Suis Charlie', 'Je Suis Ahmed', 'Je Suis Juif' or 'Je Suis Humaine', or even none of these, its a show of solidarity to reflect that free speech should never be curtailed, and despite how one may feel about the pictures published, it does not give anyone the right to take violent action.

It does make me laugh.........

Well at least you get a laugh out of it. That's something positive at least.

and most people do care about their neighbours, even if you don't

This should be on the main Sheffield page and the general discussions page. It was hidden awY in a section I have never looked at in 10 years. It was only because I wNt on a major search to find it. Make it more public please.

Mod Note:

Its here, as its a protest, hence an event.

Thank you.

Important enough to be a sticky on the main Sheffield page.

....people in another country they had never heard of 2 days ago......

So people had never heard of France till last week? You may be that ignorant but no one else is.

Well done to everyone who is going today!!

Well said Placebo... I am unfortunately unable to attend but I will be there in spirit along with you all to express my sorrow and to pay my respects.

Guest makapaka
How on earth do you know that people don't even care for their neighbours.

Please speak for yourself.

He has got a point though. A bit of a generalisation maybe - but definitely has a point.

And he is free to express it on these pages, as are the people who are attending today to pay respects and show support, as well as solidarity against those that would have us unable to.

Can't get there this afternoon, but want to express my solidarity. I respect everyone's rights to have religious beliefs, or no beliefs, but don't demand that I respect the beliefs themselves. Creativity comes from dissent.

Guest makapaka
Can't get there this afternoon, but want to express my solidarity. I respect everyone's rights to have religious beliefs, or no beliefs, but don't demand that I respect the beliefs themselves. Creativity comes from dissent.

Eh? What are you on about?