Haven reighton sands pass?

Can anyone help? We have booked a caravan that sleeps 8 people on this site, however we now have an extra child wanting to come due to unforseen circumstances. One of the children would be an infant so there would be enough sleeping spaces for all 9 of us however we would need an extra pass for an infant to get into the complex! We have spoken to haven but have been told they dont sell extra passes. Does anyone know if passes are provided to people who own the caravans on site where i would be able to purchase one? Otherwise it would mean us paying for 2 caravans in which 1 would not even be slept in?

Thanks for taking the time to read

I don't understand why an infant would need a pass? To be fair, I don't understand what you are talking about in general, never heard of the place, but common sense dictates that you 'smuggle' the infant in.

You need a pass to get into the complex in the centre where all the entertainment is. I know that everyone is supposed to have a pass including the infants. Im not sure how eager they are at checking passes and the children would be mighty disappointed if we got all the way to scarborough only to find that one of us cant get into the complex :-/

Ah right, I thought it was just to get onto the park. The issue with single passes (as to allow 9 in an 8 person caravan) probably is to do with insurance and fire-regulations, an old friend of mine runs a leisure business and he usually bemoans the fact that he has no flexibility - if something goes wrong it is him who is liable.

I thought that myself about the insurance however when we explained to Haven about 1 child being in a cot (which they were happy to supply at a cost of £3.50) they didn't seem overly concerned. They certainly didn't mention insurance but just said they didnt sell separate passes and our only other option was to pay for another caravan to sleep 6 people that nobody would sleep in just to get the spare 1 pass. We would however then have 5 spare passes! Doesnt make sense really?

It does state in the Haven terms..

The total number of people coming with you (including children and babies) mustn’t be more than the capacity of your holiday home. In most cases, this will be six or eight people maximum – please check your confirmation carefully. Because if you do go over the maximum number, we’ll unfortunately have to turn away any extra people at check-in.

http://www.haven.com/support/terms-conditions.aspx

We have been in that situation,My advice is don't mention the infant,Have you had to fill in a form with all occupants names on if you have I am surprised they did not comment that as Ghozer said ,if its an 8 berth only 8 people allowed.

Of course if its a private booking they are less fussy,

They don't examine passes as you go in you just flash them ,I would not worry about it.

you only need the passes to enter the complex so why don't you let a few of your party enter the complex and then get one of the people who have entered to bring the passes of the others that have already entered out?

I thought that myself about the insurance however when we explained to Haven about 1 child being in a cot (which they were happy to supply at a cost of £3.50) they didn't seem overly concerned. They certainly didn't mention insurance but just said they didnt sell separate passes and our only other option was to pay for another caravan to sleep 6 people that nobody would sleep in just to get the spare 1 pass. We would however then have 5 spare passes! Doesnt make sense really?

wouldn't it be better to do that, unless your 8 person caravan is huge then you're all going to be rather cramped

We were once needed an extra pass at a Haven site when my niece came from another site to stop with us for a night.

We told reception that we had mislaid one of our issued passes and were given a new one to 'replace' it.

Think we may have to sneak the infant in, we dont plan on spending much time in the caravan as we have a whole load of activities for the children planned so it would be basically just somewhere to sleep/wash in. The only caravans that are available when we are wanting to go are at the opposite ends of the park and we dont really want to have to split the children. If anyone does happen to own a caravan on the site and have access to passes id be really grateful if you could PM me as id happily purchase one from anyone that has one going spare!

Thank you all

Think we may have to sneak the infant in, we dont plan on spending much time in the caravan as we have a whole load of activities for the children planned so it would be basically just somewhere to sleep/wash in. The only caravans that are available when we are wanting to go are at the opposite ends of the park and we dont really want to have to split the children. If anyone does happen to own a caravan on the site and have access to passes id be really grateful if you could PM me as id happily purchase one from anyone that has one going spare!

Thank you all

I really would not worry about it ,they wont take much notice of the infant anyway,will he/she be in a pushchair.

When you have been in and out a couple of times you will say to yourselves why did we worry.:)

We have been on haven sites like primrose valley and reighton sands in an 8 berth with 4 adults and 4 children and an infant ,and never bought an extra pass.They are daylight robbery anyway.