Good vet recommendations..

Looking to move my dog to a new vet around s35 chap/High green/Burncross. Any recommendations from experience would be welcome.

Looking to move my dog to a new vet around s35 chap/High green/Burncross. Any recommendations from experience would be welcome.

I 100% recommend Springfield Vets!!!

We take all of our animals there and have always had absolutely superb service, right from checking in at reception, through to picking animals up after op's.

All of the vets are so professional, and even better is that they are compassionate and caring towards both the animals and us people as owners.

We recently had to have our rescue dog put to sleep and it was amazing how we were treated by both the vet and the admin staff there.

There is a Springfield in Chapeltown, however the hospital is actually on Moorgate Road in Rotherham.

We actually always go to the Rotherham branch as we have got to know certain vets over the years and I have complete and utter trust in those vets so feel it is worth the longer journey to know our animals will be treated with the best medical care and compassion - this is priceless to me!

I hope you find a vet you're happy with in the nearby area soon.

I can recommend travelling further to peak Vets in woodseats , they are fantastic

Beech house , Alan is excellent

Registered at beach house thanks for everybody's comments. :thumbsup:

They are great when we had missy spayed he even carried her out to the car for me , not many vets would do that while he had a waiting room full. They really care xx

They are great when we had missy spayed he even carried her out to the car for me , not many vets would do that while he had a waiting room full. They really care xx

I've heard many excellent things about Alan at Beech House!!

It's so reassuring to know your animal is in good hands!

Peak vets is nowhere near S35 - the best one is Springfield which has surgeries in Chapeltown and Firth Park - if your animal needs surgery it will be taken to hospital in Rotherham

Edited by denlin

I've always been very happy with Abbey, they have a branch near there.

Whichever vets you choose, make sure they have their own proper out of hours/emergency service. Abbey have a branch at Barnsley which is open 24/7 and not just for emergencies either. They also have a proper animal ambulance service. I wouldn't go with any vet that didn't have this in place. Otherwise you could find yourself stuck if something happens out of hours, having to go to some massively expensive place.

I would also recommend anyone owning a sighthound to use Abbey as the RGT use them, they are sighthound savvy which is important as they have specific anaesthesia requirements.

Edited by vwkittie