Mysterious house

No, it was a direct link to the house google street view, thankfully the thread starter has removed it.

Why thankfully? So we can have Google Streetview with the ability to see most houses in the country but we can't post links to it??

I think people have an imagined, overblown sense of the general population's yearning for privacy. I wouldn't care if someone posted a link to the Google Streetview view of my house - it's only the same as someone walking past and seeing it.

As I see it, links to Streetview are fair as the person clearly hasn't raised a request to have their house removed from the images.

Regarding the mysteries of Marlcliffe Road, I would love to know why there is a huge gap in the house numbers on the odd-numbered side of the road. Theres a huge gap in the numbers betwen 50-odd and about 170. Always bugged me.....why??

That house on the left hand corner once belonged to Brian

Shaw a builder whose trade name was Shaw and Boler,if my memory is correct he converted it into flats in the mid 60s.The Boler part of the Business has /had the hardware shop at Malin Bridge you may find your answer there.

Edited by bullerboY

How happy would you be if someone just posted a direct link to your property on a pubic forum in such a way?

It's in the public domain anyway so why should I care??

I'd be more inclined to get in contact and introduce myself as the owner and see what they want.

So you would be happy having your address and image of your house posted on a busy public forum, saying its in disrepair and looking like it maybe possibly empty. Geared and Barry feel free to PM your addresses, ill get some pictures and make a thread about them and make some less than flattering comments, and let anyone who wants to know where they can find you at.

but it's not in dis-repair, or un-inhabited?

So actually what you want is to just insult us??

Jog-on.

Hi all and Happy New year,

Just posting to see if any forum users know anything about the large mysterious house on Marlcliffe road Wadsley As you walk up fro the bottom you go past the nursery on the left then just past is this once beautiful large house which is falling into disrepair,does anyone know who owns it or who lives there and whats its history?

thanks

Do you mean the one that is currently sub divided into flats?

but it's not in dis-repair, or un-inhabited?

So actually what you want is to just insult us??

Jog-on.

OP line three, previous streetview link suggest either are posible.

Not really just making the point that you seem to think its fine for this to happen to someone elses property with them having no say or knowledge over it, yet you wouldn't be happy for a similar thread about your property to appear.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

No my point is you just want to insult people who don't agree with you.

we are looking to buy property in the area and this house is off putting we have seen numerous people entering the house when we have been veiwing properties and they look to have social problems ?what is the history of the house does it have a name etc cars pull up frequently outside people come out to the cars then go back in ...strange

other posts show google street veiw on sf so i will be reposting later with an image

---------- Post added 08-01-2015 at 13:08 ----------

Do you mean the one that is currently sub divided into flats?

no the one below with the large trees round

No my point is you just want to insult people who don't agree with you.

No not at all, nowhere have i insulted you or anyone else in this thread, i simply used an example to show how someone wouldn't be happy about having such information written about a property they own or live in.

You quite clearly wanted to start threads slagging people off, whats your problem??