Mysterious house

Hi all and Happy New year,

Just posting to see if any forum users know anything about the large mysterious house on Marlcliffe road Wadsley As you walk up fro the bottom you go past the nursery on the left then just past is this once beautiful large house which is falling into disrepair,does anyone know who owns it or who lives there and whats its history?

thanks

Edited by psyko

You can get the title deeds from the land registry for a couple of quid, answer most of your questions right there.

You can get the title deeds from the land registry for a couple of quid, answer most of your questions right there.

Yes, although you mean "...get the registered title...". It costs £3. Use https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/04_SjzS0tDQwMTIxMjLXj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0c6McFQH3SLFU/

How happy would you be if someone just posted a direct link to your property on a pubic forum in such a way?

How happy would you be if someone just posted a direct link to your property on a pubic forum in such a way?

I just knocked on his door and asked him, he said he didnt mind and asked me to say hi.

Oh Dear :hihi:

do you mean Wadsley House Social Club? if so this house once belonged to Charles Cammell of Cammell Laird steel makers.

do you mean Wadsley House Social Club? if so this house once belonged to Charles Cammell of Cammell Laird steel makers.

no that is on the drive this one as it states is on marlcliffe road at the bottom on the left just passed the nursery i posted a pic of it but took it off incase it offenended anyone

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 19:31 ----------

no that is on the drive this one as it states is on marlcliffe road at the bottom on the left just passed the nursery i posted a pic of it but tookit off incase it offenended anyone

The link that has been posted is not a direct link to that property.

The link is the Land Registry Database that has every property on (including yours) so that people can get the legal registered owner and other information of any house by paying £3 per property for the Title Register.

You can also get the Title Plan for another £3 and a Flood Risk Indicator for £9.

There's an elderly gent living in it if it's the one I think you mean .

The link that has been posted is not a direct link to that property.

No, it was a direct link to the house google street view, thankfully the thread starter has removed it.