Speed camera on parkway

I've just got a new car...seems strange not having the disc on the windscreen..

i had thought about making my own.

there could be a whole creative industry here making labels the same size and shape as a tax disc bearing all sorts of mottos and images.

I have not seen that one but as you say it's a portable one so could be used any where the static yellow box one coming into Sheffield near the end opposite the Victoria quay turn off tat one works as my wife knows for sure she was caught 3 months ago then a few weeks later she had forgot about it. and she thought she had been caught again, she waited for the fine to come through the door but after a few weeks nothing appeared so she must have been under or within the 10% margin of error x

Does she routinely speed into 40 mph zones then?

i had thought about making my own.

there could be a whole creative industry here making labels the same size and shape as a tax disc bearing all sorts of mottos and images.

There is.

I've noticed alot of car clubs and stuff have started producing stickers and logo's to fill the tax disc void.

Can you imagine tho, you sell your car to some fella and forget to take that disc out.

Two days later your next of kin have a heart attack, the geezer's binned it doing a ton on the motorway and the police have called the numbers in the windscreen asking for them to come and identify a body.

There is.

I've noticed alot of car clubs and stuff have started producing stickers and logo's to fill the tax disc void.

My other half has uncovered the old Guinness label that served us so well into the 90's.

I did a straw poll at the weekend when stood at a bus stop (bored).

You sell cars for a living but catch the bus?

Can you imagine tho, you sell your car to some fella and forget to take that disc out.

Two days later your next of kin have a heart attack, the geezer's binned it doing a ton on the motorway and the police have called the numbers in the windscreen asking for them to come and identify a body.

wow, what if ..................................... Two days later, they take the "disc" out and nothing happens

Weekend could imply an intention to drink (just as one idea).

Where did you get the idea I sell cars for a living? I work in IT and do vehicle diagnostics. I drink lots of real ale at various pubs at the weekends and use the bus.

That's the attitude that really gets up my nose, you have a car so you should be using it all the time.

When ever i used to go to work on the push bike for the exercise everybody i met (that knew me) would say "what's up with the car then" every body, it got so infuriating i would prefer to clog up the roads and carparks rather than face the constant bombardment.

I know several people who drive from their homes a few hundred yards to go and walk on a treadmill in a gym and when quizzed on the illogical act they are puzzled and say "why wouldn't I ?".

(not sure on the full stop there, please feel free to condescend.)