Speed camera on parkway

Just passed what seemed to be a speed camera on a lay-by on sheffield parkway.Coming OUT of sheffield the lay-by just before you turn off to go to Costco/Makro there was a white car/van with an orange flashing light and a very small camera on a small tripod behind the car pointing in the direction of traffic.

Sounds like DVLA to me

Sounds like DVLA to me

Could be.Just done a google image search for "DVLA van" and the cameras shown are exactly like the one I saw

I would imagine that if it is the DVLA that a number of motorists who welcomed the fact that you no longer had to display a current tax disc are going to be getting a visit from the postman who will be bearing bad news.

I would imagine that if it is the DVLA that a number of motorists who welcomed the fact that you no longer had to display a current tax disc are going to be getting a visit from the postman who will be bearing bad news.

They don't have to physically see the car to do this...if the car isn't either taxed or SORN'd then a brown envelope will wing it's way to the RK as a matter of course...

Can you get done for displaying an old out of date tax disc even if you paid it online? It seems a silly question but i see a lot of well out of date tax discs these days.

Can you get done for displaying an old out of date tax disc even if you paid it online? It seems a silly question but i see a lot of well out of date tax discs these days.

There's no requirement to display any disc now so unless it's blocking the driver's view then I wouldn't have thought it'd be an offence..I stand to be corrected though...

People probably just dont want to remove their tax disc holders as it will leave a mark on the window.

People probably just dont want to remove their tax disc holders as it will leave a mark on the window.

I've just got a new car...seems strange not having the disc on the windscreen..

I did a straw poll at the weekend when stood at a bus stop (bored). Out of the 50 or so cars that passed me, only two had no tax disc.

I assume they're checking for SORN vehicles being used on the road?

because they (should) automatically send out a fine if the tax lapses on a car and SORN is not declared.