Paris shooting. 17 dead

I wasn't really talking about SF threads but the internet in general. Do you think it is a legitimate expression of feelings to call for the culling and extermination of all Muslims in Europe? It's incitement to violence in my book. Calling for western nations to nuke the entire Middle East is an expression of feelings is it? I wouldn't call these types of opinions misguided, misinformed or opinionated I would call them extremist.

Ah well, the general internet a place of massive variance in opinion so I'm not surprised you came on some alarmist comments. I believe most reasonable human beings would see that any statement similar to those you have listed are impractical, irrational, impossible and highly emotive or just plain "wrong". However, they are still entitled to an opinion even though you or I may not like the content.

For what it's worth I've not seen any comments like this but I don't tend to surf the web that much. However the general principle applies that you don't end somebody's life for expressing an opinion. admittedly you can have a big arguement over it though :-)

Clearly you do not believe in free speech as you said cartoons should not be drawn mocking a religion.Even Arsene Wenger as said free speech should not be stifled along with most of the civilised world.You can say whatever you like about me i will not be offended i will just laugh at you.:hihi::hihi:

I said cartoons drawn to offend, is English not your first language as it seems you can't even read my post properly? :rolleyes:

Bin Laden WAS given an Islamic funeral. The 'outcry' was because with the complainers being a bunch of totally ignorant slobs, they just assumed that people in the United States are incapable of giving anybody an Islamic funeral.

I thought that was the case but was unsure, what I am confused about though is Muslims that say these terrorists are not Muslims but then call for them to be given an Islamic burial.

I too am fed up of these fairy tale believing idiots. Some pick the nice bits from their magic book but why are they so shocked that others believe in the evil parts and act on them.

Just out of curiosity do me a favour and point out the "evil parts" in the new testament. You've got me interested now!:)

Incitement to violence against all Muslims is not criticism of religion.

The Koran incites some Muslims into violence against non Muslims, it also incites violence towards Muslims from other Muslims, should it be banned?

Interesting question from Sam Harris :

How could these terrorists have acted so as to prove that they *were* motivated by their religious beliefs?

---------- Post added 09-01-2015 at 21:18 ----------

Just out of curiosity do me a favour and point out the "evil parts" in the new testament. You've got me interested now!:)

How long have you got?

Are you really denying Mafya the right to express his opinion about whether the cartoons should be drawn or not?

Doesn't that show that you don't believe in free speech either?

Tricky subject this free speech malarkey. You seem to only want it to apply to people that you agree with.

No, he was entitled to say what he said i am just responding to say i do not agree with what he has said, that is not stifling it,shooting people for doing something you do not like is stifling free speech.Unfortunately he does not seem to be able to respond to what i said and has just said "whatever".He clearly said cartoons should not be drawn mocking islam is that not trying to stifle freedom of expression or have i misunderstood what freedom is?.

Interesting question from Sam Harris :

How could these terrorists have acted so as to prove that they *were* motivated by their religious beliefs?

---------- Post added 09-01-2015 at 21:18 ----------

How long have you got?

That's the great unknown pal!

Read it yourself, there are numerous examples in the favourite two religious books. Gods kill on a whim. If you cant find anything murderous please get back to me. Oh maybe its just the old testament which I presume we ignore

I said cartoons drawn to offend, is English not your first language as it seems you can't even read my post properly? :rolleyes:

Why should they not be drawn,i have never been offended by a cartoon i would think nobody has unless it is a cartoon mocking a religion.Have a look in a newspaper it is full of cartoons mocking people,should they be banned in your opinion.

Yes you saw several very carefully selected examples of Muslims denouncing the attacks. The BBC are great at that. They can find a needle in a haystack.

However, it's telling that even when the left wing media manage to find some Muslim lecturing in a western Islamic Studies university course who will denounce th attacks, they still don't seem to be able to find any Muslims who will back free speech and the freedom of expression of non-Muslims against Muslim values.

I guess some Muslims lost their belief in freedom of expression when the French government decided to ban an item of clothing they had an interest in expressing themselves in.

Read it yourself, there are numerous examples in the favourite two religious books. Gods kill on a whim. If you cant find anything murderous please get back to me.
He just did.

Oh maybe its just the old testament which I presume we ignore
Oh, you do realise there is a difference, then? Who might 'we' be? And why would we ignore the OT?