Paris shooting. 17 dead

This is the price for...for...what exactly? Why do we accommodate religion at all when it offers so little and can mutate and twist and create pure evil?

Obviously we do not turn on people that are religious now, but surely we should be looking at ways of limiting any growth of any religion in the future?

Humans will always kill each other because as a species we are savage. But lets at least try to limit the killing for magic and fairy tales.

You are, of course asking the impossible. Any such ban would have to be worldwide, and there isn't any chance of that.

No, I don't think it happened because everyone was white. With Muslims its easy to "judge" because of their colour.

Whats colour got to do with this? Are you some sort of racist?

Why not ask for clarification if you don't understand instead of accusing people of being racist?

Why not ask for clarification if you don't understand instead of accusing people of being racist?

I did ask.

Muslims are doing themselves no favours, sooner or later someone will seek revenge, some people will think they rape our daughters and murder our countrymen be it in london, madrid, paris or new york and all they get is either their twisted martyrdom or a cushy cell with a book full of fairytales.

These unprovoked and cowardly attacks are only going to get worse, there will be a backlash it cant go on forever without retribution, the people who carry it out will have felt let down by their governments.

This is what you get for being a free country who opens their borders to these 'people' who need 'refuge' or a better life

No, I don't think it happened because everyone was white. With Muslims its easy to "judge" because of their colour.

Franck Ribery was white the last time I saw him play.

Who'd have thunk it :gag:

Muslims are doing themselves no favours, sooner or later someone will seek revenge, some people will think they rape our daughters and murder our countrymen be it in london, madrid, paris or new york and all they get is either their twisted martyrdom or a cushy cell with a book full of fairytales.

These unprovoked and cowardly attacks are only going to get worse, there will be a backlash it cant go on forever without retribution, the people who carry it out will have felt let down by their governments.

This is what you get for being a free country who opens their borders to these 'people' who need 'refuge' or a better life

You mean like the morons who just carried out this spineless act? Hope not.

But it is a bit like saying that the IRA weren't representative of Catholics...that didn't happen because people seemed to understand that, but when it comes to Muslims it does seem to need to be stated over and over until people understand.

No it isn't at all. The IRA were fighting for an independent Ireland, not for a religion. Painfully bad comparison.

:confused::confused:

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 13:36 ----------

Is anyone else already sick of the excuses all the news channels are making already? Its quite sickening they are spending as much time telling us how unrepresentative this is of islam as they are telling us about the senseless killings :(

Yes, I am. It's so predictable. Tiny minority, blah blah blah, vast majority peace loving.. rabbit rabbit... fears of reprisals... blah blah... communities must come together to condemn etc etc etc.

Heard it a million times and I'm pretty certain I'll be hearing it again. And again.

Edited by Harrystottle

Charb's (RIP) cartoon published earlier this week.

Headline reads 'still no terror act in France', speech bubbles read 'Wait' and 'We have until end January to offer our wishes'.

Sobering.

Being French myself, I've grown up with and enjoyed Cabu and Wolinski's drawings and comics albums and their peculiarly biting sense of humour and social satire, for 30-odd years. This is such a complete shock that they were involved, and killed. As I posted before, these gents were the Who's Who of French political cartoonists, for decades, highly popular and respected across vast swathes of the population and across the political spectrum. I can see the public outrage going long and far. What have they done :sad:

Edited by L00b

Aujord'hui, nous sommes tous Charlie Hebdo

Charb's (RIP) cartoon published earlier this week.

Headline reads 'still no terror act in France', speech bubbles read 'Wait' and 'We have until end January to offer our wishes'.

Sobering.

Being French myself, I've grown up with and enjoyed Cabu and Wolinski's drawings and comics albums and their peculiarly biting sense of humour and social satire, for 30-odd years. This is such a complete shock that they were involved, and killed. As I posted before, these gents were the Who's Who of French political cartoonists, for decades, highly popular and respected across vast swathes of the population and across the political spectrum. I can see the public outrage going long and far. What have they done :sad:

As you implied earlier..the gloves are off. Hollande can benefit politically (cynicism). My feeling is the streets will retaliate bloodily..but we'll see.

Edited by ronthenekred

As you implied earlier..the gloves are off. Hollande can benefit politically (cynicism). My feeling is the streets will retaliate bloodily..but we'll see.

I hope youre wrong. Too much blood has been spilt already.