Paris shooting. 17 dead

Read it yourself, there are numerous examples in the favourite two religious books. Gods kill on a whim. If you cant find anything murderous please get back to me. Oh maybe its just the old testament which I presume we ignore

I take it you didn't want to take up the challenge then!

Have a nice night anyway;)

He just did.

Oh, you do realise there is a difference, then? Who might 'we' be? And why would we ignore the OT?

First of all I never mentioned the New Testament, I was referring to another book which any reasonably intelligent person would have noticed. I have no interest in any religious books but what all religious people do is select the bits they like. Arguing with religious people is a complete waste of my time. If you follow the old testament there really is no hope for you.

Edited by mrplodge

Why should they not be drawn,i have never been offended by a cartoon i would think nobody has unless it is a cartoon mocking a religion.Have a look in a newspaper it is full of cartoons mocking people,should they be banned in your opinion.

I never said they should be banned I said that drawing cartoons to offend is wrong.

I myself don't give a flying toss if someone draws a cartoon and says that it is the Prophet of Islam because it doesn't bother me in the slightest but there are extremists out there that will kill over a cartoon.

I take it you didn't want to take up the challenge then!

Have a nice night anyway;)

Thanks for the challenge to read a fairy story but I have better things to do, however:

Jesus and the Disciples accepted the Old Testament as God's word. They could only do this if they themselves believed that God was not benevolent. They also preached the goodness of God, despite his apparent evil. This is because they, like the writers of the Old Testament, do not care if god is 'good' or 'evil', they merely wish to do its will, in order to get rewards in heaven.

The Book of Revelations is the climax and final book of the New Testament, where it is said that God will once again revert to his Old Testament ways... the suffering and pain described in the apocalypse is something that a good god could never let happen. To even believe that God do this is to believe in a monstrous demon of a God.

I never said they should be banned I said that drawing cartoons to offend is wrong.

I myself don't give a flying toss if someone draws a cartoon and says that it is the Prophet of Islam because it doesn't bother me in the slightest but there are extremists out there that will kill over a cartoon.

And youre helping them with your attitude.

And youre helping them with your attitude.

How?..........

How?..........

To make a single excuse or justification of any kind is al most as good as flying the flag from your bedroom window.

That is the whole point,if we back down and do not draw them then the extremists have won and got what they want.We have to stand up to extremism in all its forms and defy them.Never surrender.

First of all I never mentioned the New Testament, I was referring to another book which any reasonably intelligent person would have noticed. I have no interest in any religious books but what all religious people do is select the bits they like. Arguing with religious people is a complete waste of my time. If you follow the old testament there really is no hope for you.

Sorry mate, I misunderstood your general description of "Fairy tale believing Idiots" and non specific "magic book". I thought it was your general opinion across the whole spectrum of religious text. In relation to your parting comment I'm not sure the Jewish faith would agree with you though.

To make a single excuse or justification of any kind is al most as good as flying the flag from your bedroom window.

I'm not justifying or making excuses of any kind I'm explaining that there are Extremists out there who do kill over cartoons.

Nothing can justify these tragic deaths so stop trying to make out as if I am.

Edited by mafya

Thanks for the challenge to read a fairy story but I have better things to do, however:

Jesus and the Disciples accepted the Old Testament as God's word. They could only do this if they themselves believed that God was not benevolent. They also preached the goodness of God, despite his apparent evil. This is because they, like the writers of the Old Testament, do not care if god is 'good' or 'evil', they merely wish to do its will, in order to get rewards in heaven.

The Book of Revelations is the climax and final book of the New Testament, where it is said that God will once again revert to his Old Testament ways... the suffering and pain described in the apocalypse is something that a good god could never let happen. To even believe that God do this is to believe in a monstrous demon of a God.

Interesting synopsis but something to consider is that a lot of this Old testament/ new testament writing is dualistic in meaning, but the way I understand it is that it's the ultimate battle between good and evil, God and Satan.........there's parallels to be drawn on a daily basis. With the best will in the world I don't take it all literally but I get the idea.

Furthermore I can't guarantee I'm right either so your welcome to your opinion and dissent as someone who's a reasonably intelligent human being.

I said cartoons drawn to offend, is English not your first language as it seems you can't even read my post properly? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure they are drawn to offend. But they are drawn as satire to highlight the social issues and offensive attitudes and behaviour of those who represent religion.