Paris shooting. 17 dead

Muslims are terrified of these incidents, even more so than non-muslims, all these events do is encourage more and more intolerance: It will reach breaking point.

But do muslims believe these gunmen are now in heaven collecting their rewards?

But do muslims believe these gunmen are now in heaven collecting their rewards?

I remember there was a public outcry from Muslims at the thought of Osama Bin laden not being given an Islamic funeral, so clearly they all though he was a Muslims worthy of an Islamic funeral.

So your privacy is more important than the lives of innocent people?

Within reason, yes. There's many steps that could have been taken in the Paris killings that were not taken. There's no reason to impose further privacy laws.

---------- Post added 09-01-2015 at 20:54 ----------

None of which as anything at all to do with what Barry said, he did not say they support these acts of violence.

You're a remarkable troll.

I know he didn't say that. That was an additional comment I added to the end of my statement, which was that not all Muslims want everyone to follow their religious beliefs. Charmer picked up on that! :roll:

Within reason, yes. There's many steps that could have been taken in the Paris killings that were not taken. There's no reason to impose further privacy laws.

---------- Post added 09-01-2015 at 20:54 ----------

You're a remarkable troll.

I know he didn't say that. That was an additional comment I added to the end of my statement, which was that not all Muslims want everyone to follow their religious beliefs. Charmer picked up on that! :roll:

Just correcting your error.

I and many other Muslims haven't gone out and killed somebody over a cartoon drawn to offend, I'm actually sick myself of all Muslims being tarred with the same brush by the likes of you. :rolleyes:

Clearly you do not believe in free speech as you said cartoons should not be drawn mocking a religion.Even Arsene Wenger as said free speech should not be stifled along with most of the civilised world.You can say whatever you like about me i will not be offended i will just laugh at you.:hihi::hihi:

Just correcting your error.

It is somewhat perplexing however that you consider an idiot who wants to spuriously blame your religion is more unjustified than an idiot who wants to commit murder in the name of his religion.

The reason being that the attackers had a specific target in mind which they decided to retaliate against for mocking their religion. The method of retaliation was totally unjustified.

The Mosques in France which have been attacked so far in retaliation had nothing to do with the attack on Charlie Hebdo. If people want to blame or incite violence then the target should at least have some connection to the attack which has outraged them.

This is why blaming Islam and Muslims for the attack and seeking to retaliate on this basis is even more unjustified.

The problem stems from any dogma, political or religious, that convinces its adherents that it is beyond criticism. Dogma which is uniquely armoured against criticism, questioning, and self-correction. Dogma which is uniquely armoured against anything that might stop it from spinning into extreme absurdity, extreme denial of reality ... and extreme, grotesque immorality such as we have seen these past few days.

This does not just apply to Muslim Extremists as you've rightly pointed out this kind of dogmatic thinking exists to varying degrees in other political and religious doctrine. In the post 9/11 world your paragraph could just as easily be describing the governments of some western nations.

I have been totally dismayed to listen to many UK Muslims interviewed in the media about the Charlie Hebdo massacre blame the victims and state that criticism of Islam should not be allowed. Without doubt Muslims are not to blame for this, and neither is their religion, but this narcissistic attachment to dogma is. It needs to change.

Which Muslims would these be? Do you have any names or direct quotes? Any links to said Muslims?

I remember there was a public outcry from Muslims at the thought of Osama Bin laden not being given an Islamic funeral, so clearly they all though he was a Muslims worthy of an Islamic funeral.

Bin Laden WAS given an Islamic funeral. The 'outcry' was because with the complainers being a bunch of totally ignorant slobs, they just assumed that people in the United States are incapable of giving anybody an Islamic funeral.

I too am fed up of these fairy tale believing idiots. Some pick the nice bits from their magic book but why are they so shocked that others believe in the evil parts and act on them.

Edited by mrplodge

You're doing it again, equating criticism of religion with murder.

Please stop.

Incitement to violence against all Muslims is not criticism of religion.

Clearly you do not believe in free speech as you said cartoons should not be drawn mocking a religion.Even Arsene Wenger as said free speech should not be stifled along with most of the civilised world.You can say whatever you like about me i will not be offended i will just laugh at you.:hihi::hihi:

yeah yeah whatever......:rolleyes:

Guest sibon

Are you really denying Mafya the right to express his opinion about whether the cartoons should be drawn or not?

Doesn't that show that you don't believe in free speech either?

Tricky subject this free speech malarkey. You seem to only want it to apply to people that you agree with.