Paris shooting. 17 dead

now 11 dead.

2 are police officers.

Awful news. Not really surprising either (but not sure at all that it could have been prevented anyway). Charlie Hebdo (satirical, bit like Private Eye but more irreverent) has long had form needling wahabis.

This is going to turn very ugly in the suburbs, mark my words. The Police are going to go in heaviest-handed, with the Gvt in cover-up mode set to stun :(

EDIT: French new sources (reputable: Le Monde, L'Express) claim the 2 terrorists also had an RPG.

Edited by L00b

Just for context, Charlie Hebdo is a left-wing magazine, and it's not the first time it has been attacked.

When people die for publishing satire - we're all on a road to ruin.

A number of post have been removed - we will not tolerate members using this awful event as an excuse to attack other users. If you persist in this then your accounts will be suspended.

Absolutely true.

But I won't be a surprised to read somebody post that they were asking for it. :(

Wasn't that the paper that released cartoons of a certain prophet with a bomb under his turban?

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 12:19 ----------

Just for context, Charlie Hebdo is a left-wing magazine, and it's not the first time it has been attacked.

I don't remember anyone attacking the Daily Mail in such a manner

Absolutely true.

But I won't be a surprised to read somebody post that they were asking for it. :(

Anyone who thinks they were asking for it should be locked up and the key thrown away.

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 12:24 ----------

I don't remember anyone attacking the Daily Mail in such a manner

I dont see the connection.

Anyone who thinks they were asking for it should be locked up and the key thrown away.

That's one step less radical than believing people should die because of satire...quite ironic really.

Edited by ronthenekred

Wasn't that the paper that released cartoons of a certain prophet with a bomb under his turban?

Wasn't that one Dutch?

or was the artist Dutch??

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 12:24 ----------

I dont see the connection.

Is there some irony there?