Urban Quarter burgers in Kelham

Anyone tried this place yet? Doesn't seem to be on tripadvisor and the only review I found was on the Telegraph.

We tried it last week.

Lovely burgers , I reckon best I have had for a long time.

Better than previous favourites the Harley.

Charred and crispy outside , moist and pink within - and meat is traceable back to the cow (if you are bothered about that sort of thing).

Good brioche bun (made by Roses) and nice fries.

Not a huge burger (again , if filling your belly is #1 priority you might not like this) but just right for me.

Freshly made doughnuts for pudding were also delicious.

Actual space itself was a bit cold and industrial (compared to Craft and Dough Pizzas next door which has a much warmer feel) .

Thanks for the reply. I tried going yesterday but despite driving round for a few mins couldn't find anywhere to park so gave up. :(

Might give Kelham Island a go at the weekend and check thethis and Craft and Dough out. Does anyone know if you can just pop in for a beer, or are they mainly foodie? I'll probably have lunch in one but doubt I could manage a burger AND a pizza!

Had a pizza at Craft and Dough for lunch yesterday.... Bang on, really thin crispy base and nice tomato topping. The margerita pizza only £4.50, about the same price as in Naples.. Didn't try the beers as was driving. Good service, nice place. Parking isn't the best though..

Might give Kelham Island a go at the weekend and check thethis and Craft and Dough out. Does anyone know if you can just pop in for a beer, or are they mainly foodie? I'll probably have lunch in one but doubt I could manage a burger AND a pizza!

Went in before Christmas for food, but it looks like they'll happily take drinkers.

Had a pizza at Craft and Dough for lunch yesterday.... Bang on, really thin crispy base and nice tomato topping. The margerita pizza only £4.50, about the same price as in Naples.. Didn't try the beers as was driving. Good service, nice place. Parking isn't the best though..

Don't get me started on the parking situation there, Kelham Island is a brilliant area that should be nurtured, the pathetic council decide to close the large central privately operated car park just so they could raise a bit more revenue in fines, shortsitedness to the extreme.

Parking isn't the best though..

the council decide to close the large central privately operated car park just so they could raise a bit more revenue in fines

It wasn't for that reason, it was because the car park owners were taking the mick - when they were ordered to make improvements, e.g. for disability access, they never did a thing. See the planning appeal documents at http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=M8HO8SNYFY000 for more.

It wasn't for that reason, it was because the car park owners were taking the mick - when they were ordered to make improvements, e.g. for disability access, they never did a thing. See the planning appeal documents at http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=M8HO8SNYFY000 for more.

Well what ever the bloody reason, Kelham Island now has about 100 less parking spaces, disability access of not!

We all lose.

So why dont the council take it on and help develop the area to be what could become a real jewel in Sheffields crown.

So why dont the council take it on and help develop the area to be what could become a real jewel in Sheffields crown.

Probably because it's not a priority for the council and they don't have enough money at the minute to do it. I agree with you though. I used to park in the car park referred to in this thread :(