Foster is at it again.

It pains me to say it but Toby Foster is at it again,

This morning at around 9.18 A.M he lambasted a pensioner for not having a computer , he told her to buy one so as she could download bus time tables.

The old lady tried to tell him that not only could she not afford a computer but was not competent on one .

He brow beat her as though he was putting down an heckler while performing in a down market comedy club.

This so called working class lad once again shows his true colours when interviewing folk who are not media or put down savvy .

It pains me to say it but Toby Foster is at it again,

This morning at around 9.18 A.M he lambasted a pensioner for not having a computer , he told her to buy one so as she could download bus time tables.

The old lady tried to tell him that not only could she not afford a computer but was not competent on one also.

He brow beat her as though he was putting down an heckler while performing in a down market comedy club.

This so called working class lad once again shows his true colours when interviewing folk who are not media or put down savvy .

"Not being competent" is not an excuse. Five years ago I would never have imagined my 71 year old grandparents to suddenly buy a laptop but they did, five years later and they are both fantastic on it, my gran plays poker online and my grandad sells stuff on eBay.

Sounds like this lady has an unwillingness to learn and why should the minority be spoonfed?

I assume the phone-in was about the SYPTE cuts and the removal of paper timetables. Does she not have a phone? Use that instead. Timetables are available on computers for free at public libraries, as well as at bus stops. And dont forget some routes dont even run to a timetable at some points of the day.

Pensioners should be lucky they still have subsidised train travel as that will be the thing to go in the cuts next year.

Edited by No User Name

What a moron.

Who? Toby Foster, or the pensioner for unwilling to learn new technology and digging her head in the sand and hoping it will all go away?

With the advent of cheap tablet computers (I picked up an immaculate Tesco Hudl 1 for £30) and free internet in libraries, pubs, coffee shops, even buses, I don't think there's any excuse for not being online these days.

There's no excuse to be rude about it though. I did notice one bank (yes, bank) on TV advertising free help sessions for something like this. Barclays it was:

http://www.barclays.co.uk/P1242671738729

While I think this is good, I don't think it should be a bank providing this. How much does is it costing them (or more accurately) their customers?

Edited by alchresearch

I suppose Barclays arent being stupid, maybe they realise the more people they get "trained up" to use online services, the more branches and staff they can shed in the long run as less people use traditional counter services. Thats the only reason they are doing it, it wont be through any great sense of kindness.

Who? Toby Foster, or the pensioner for unwilling to learn new technology and digging her head in the sand and hoping it will all go away?

... Do you want to have another guess? :P

You, perhaps?

You, perhaps?

What was so moronic about my first reply in this thread, maybe you can pick out the specific bits for me?

I'm not expecting a rational reply.

Why should people be bullied into learning computer skills when it is the duty of the bus companies to provide timetables from the fares that people pay,or,is this another way for the bus companies to increase their profits.

Why should people be bullied into learning computer skills when it is the duty of the bus companies to provide timetables from the fares that people pay,or,is this another way for the bus companies to increase their profits.

They do provide timetables: online.

I have never seen a paper bus timetable provided by First or Stagecoach - they are provided by the PTE. So what "bus profits" have to do with this is anybodys guess given they didnt produce timetables on paper to begin with.

Given how much of the world is now online, anyone choosing not to embrace it is, quite frankly, an idiot. I again point to the example of my grandparents in their 70's who did embrace it in the last few years and so age is no excuse. I concede that cost may be one, but libraries exist.

Edited by No User Name