Free parking around hallamshire/broomhill

My wife is set to move to the hallamshire and we are wanting to use their nursery which is next to the hospital. In terms of her dropping the child off the only issue is parking after for the day. She can apply for a permit but its on a first come first serve basis so theres no guarantee even though you pay a substantial fee. Only option would be to park close by for free. I know broomhill is majority permit holders but is there anywhere at all thats free these days? I know the road alongside the sheffield uni law school is free but thats no guarantee at the best of times. Any road names and advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Ha, like anyone is going to put the names of the roads on here and give up their own secret parking places ;)

Hardly gonna be secrets are they if they are roads in the city centre

Good luck with that! We use the same nursery and pay to park for the whole day a good mile away (since my university permit does not guarantee a space!). If your wife is happy to walk from Crookes or the top end of Crookesmoor she should be ok.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

My wife is set to move to the hallamshire and we are wanting to use their nursery which is next to the hospital. In terms of her dropping the child off the only issue is parking after for the day. She can apply for a permit but its on a first come first serve basis so theres no guarantee even though you pay a substantial fee. Only option would be to park close by for free. I know broomhill is majority permit holders but is there anywhere at all thats free these days? I know the road alongside the sheffield uni law school is free but thats no guarantee at the best of times. Any road names and advice much appreciated.

Thanks

There's no guarantee she will get a permit if she does apply, it depends on where you live, if she works shifts etc. Having a young child does score points but doesn't mean she will get a permit

There are two massive open spaces in that area which could be used as FREE car parks. Western Park and the Botanical Gardens. would solve so many problems with parking for the hospitals.

There are two massive open spaces in that area which could be used as FREE car parks. Western Park and the Botanical Gardens. would solve so many problems with parking for the hospitals.

Well a better option would be for the university training grounds opposite weston park hospital which are only used rarely and in the evenings to be used as carparks but then we may upset the obscenely influential and powerful people at Sheffield University who have a hold over Sheffield development. :rant:

Well a better option would be for the university training grounds opposite weston park hospital which are only used rarely and in the evenings to be used as carparks but then we may upset the obscenely influential and powerful people at Sheffield University who have a hold over Sheffield development. :rant:

I forgot about those sports pitches. to be honest ive never ,ever seen anyone using them when ever ive driven past over the years.

Well a better option would be for the university training grounds opposite weston park hospital which are only used rarely and in the evenings...

They're used 7 days a week and are useful for people for whom exercise involves more than walking to and from a car.

---------- Post added 05-01-2015 at 22:19 ----------

I love the unspoiled countrysides views i have up here ,and the complete peace and quiet my home gives me....

Someone people like greenery for themselves but everyone else has to have car parks.

They're used 7 days a week and are useful for people for whom exercise involves more than walking to and from a car.

---------- Post added 05-01-2015 at 22:19 ----------

Someone people like greenery for themselves but everyone else has to have car parks.

those parks are in built up areas ,not in unspoilt countryside , so why sholudnt they be used as car parks when there is a severe lack of parking around there.

Penistone999 - Just, an idiot or troll. Plain and simple. Idiot or troll. No doubt about it.

The man is trying to now argue that urban areas don't need green space. Brilliant. Not on this planet.

Also, football pitches opposite Weston Park - used very regularly in all the time I have been in Sheffield (+10 years). Don't talk nonsense.

Thanks

I've pm'd you.