RIP Pete Hartley - Hartleys Music London Road

Taken from his facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/HartleyElectricMusic?fref=photo):-

Hartley Electric Music

3 January at 18:06 ·

Sadly Pete passed away earlier this week. He had only recently given up working and had enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with his family. There has been a lot of interest from his friends and customers in attending the funeral. More details will be made available here nearer the time. Please feel free to share your thoughts and memories here. Thanks, Jamie

=======================

A real gentleman and saviour of many sound systems !!! I lost counbt of how many people I sent to him with repairs but only spoke to him myself half a dozen times in 20 years.

Praying for his family.

Thanks for posting this.

Pete was a genius!

A truly talented, gent.

I recommended him to many others too.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Where are we going to take gear too now?

I too recommended him to people. top eccentric bloke. Fixed my cd decks when all others said it couldnt be done.

RIP Pete

Sorry to hear this, a really decent guy and a local legend, fixed quite a few things for me, cheaply and efficiently, clever guy as well, engineering degree, etc.

RIP

Taken from his facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/HartleyElectricMusic?fref=photo):-

Hartley Electric Music

3 January at 18:06 ·

Sadly Pete passed away earlier this week. He had only recently given up working and had enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with his family. There has been a lot of interest from his friends and customers in attending the funeral. More details will be made available here nearer the time. Please feel free to share your thoughts and memories here. Thanks, Jamie

=======================

A real gentleman and saviour of many sound systems !!! I lost counbt of how many people I sent to him with repairs but only spoke to him myself half a dozen times in 20 years.

Praying for his family.

He certainly was a Genius when it came to building amplifiers etc. Sheffield has lost a proper musical one off legend..RIP Pete Hartley :sad:

Sad loss, grew up on the same road as he lived. My ex was the proud owner of a Hartley Thompson Amp for years :(

It's never nice when someone died, Although he ripped me off, and owed me about £250...

I took an item in for repair, he claimed he did it, I paid, returned home, the item was no better, I returned and he was closed, I kept returning every other day for about 2 weeks until I gave up, then saw he was open (about 2 months later) went in to talk to him about it, and he said he didn't remember it or me and bring the item in and he'd give me a quote..

I told him (a second time) how he had already claimed to have repaired it, and charged me, but he still didn't believe me...

However, my thoughts to his family, it's not nice loosing someone..