Car wont start -new battery-Could it be alternator??

Car wouldnt start again this am -had to start with jump lead from a neighbour's car.

This has happened several times past 2 weeks, had a new battery 11mths ago , so taken back & checked & told drained -so replacement new one given 4 days ago -now find drained again !! What could be causing this & is it going to be costly to put right -please anyone. ( helpful replies only please).

does the ignition light on dashboard go out when the engine is running ?

you could have the alternator checked at most places that sell batteries

Certainly sounds like the alternator. Although I had a similar problem in my old car and it turned out to be a loose wire in the stereo so even when the car was locked and the keys in the house the stereo was still draining juice so my battery was dead every morning. Took ages to figure out what the problem was.

Get a diagnostic done otherwise it could cost you a fortune trying to find source. when we had that problem in a prev car it turned out to be the rear heater screen switch not going off and a diagnostic found the problem straight away. Ian Kelly can do this for you and he will come to you. 01142852480 or 079762650434.

Certainly sounds like the alternator. Although I had a similar problem in my old car and it turned out to be a loose wire in the stereo so even when the car was locked and the keys in the house the stereo was still draining juice so my battery was dead every morning. Took ages to figure out what the problem was.

I have had the exact same thing, fitted an aftermarket radio myself in my old 440 and turned out to be faulty, although ithe radio worked fine. Cost me a fortune to get sorted because nobody could find what it was.

That's why OP needs a diagnostic

cheapest place for a new car battery for a vectra 2.2

Ecclesfield car and commercial 0114 2466776 and they are open most Sundays

Thanks Denlin -will give Ian Kelly a ring to come & look at .