Michail Antonio

Looks that way. I think we are still selling players for what they are "worth" rather than selling them for loopy modern day football prices.

Imo Antonio's all round game isn't good enough for a promotion chasing championship team. He doesn't track back and loses the ball in silly situations. But hey he scores loads for a winger so 4 million!!!!

You can see how much Wednesday fans rated him as none of them miss him or particular regret selling him, even though we were "done" on the price.

I kind of agree with you. The only thing is that you'd have got into the play offs had he'd stayed... As you said he scores goals.

I kind of agree with you. The only thing is that you'd have got into the play offs had he'd stayed... As you said he scores goals.

We improved without him.

We actually finished above Forest who did have him playing for them and scoring goals, another ridiculous comment.

We improved without him.

There's no replacement for scoring goals, scoring goals as Jonny suggested that he did, is the main thing and that's what he gave you and you sold him for I'm told for free. West ham who are in the premiership won't spend 4million, plus a respected premiership player plus paying his wages, wouldn't do it if they didn't think he's worth it. They might get into Europe because of him... And Wednesday. Wednesday mistake is Nottingham forest and West ham's gain.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 22:53 ----------

We actually finished above Forest who did have him playing for them and scoring goals, another ridiculous comment.

So you agree he did score because you've just admitted it.. Which would have got you that 6th place.

Edited by footietalk

We wouldn't have done as well with him. He might scores goals but his defensive deficiencies unbalanced the team and made us vulnerable to counter attacks.

But obviously you are just trolling now....

We wouldn't have done as well with him. He might scores goals but his defensive deficiencies unbalanced the team and made us vulnerable to counter attacks.

But obviously you are just trolling now....

Trolling?? Hang on a moment old chap, I'm having a good conversation with you, I think this is sensible. If you think I'm trolling - which I believe is a definition of bullying and causing trouble which is a little unsavoury and quite upsetting. Any chance of a small apology?

Back to the discussion. I don't think that's his responsibility regarding defending. Wednesday didn't play this to his strengths. I'm told he wanted to go to... So it sounds like he got fed up... Like he's done at forest.

If you've accused me of trolling, I'm going to end my opinion now. I'm sorry you are wound up I didn't mean it.

Edited by footietalk

Not a soul on earth can make the statement you did, other than Nostradamus,promotion??

Other than he scores a few goals, he really isn't as good as you think, sparkling in half a game for a run of 3/4 games, then nowt for 5/6 games.

Take him on loan, you'll soon see.

God bless.

Totally ridiculous comment, we got what he was worth at the time of his sale and what you say is only relevant with the benefit of hindsight. If Forest get £4m + plus and his buyers then sell him on for £10m + are Forests negotiating skills at fault - no of course not :help::loopy::loopy:

You beat me to it. We sold him for how he did with us, of course if we had a crystal ball we would added a few million onto it

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 23:16 ----------

Again your basing that on how he has done with forest, if you had seen him playing for us you wouldn't say that

Not a soul on earth can make the statement you did, other than Nostradamus,promotion??

Other than he scores a few goals, he really isn't as good as you think, sparkling in half a game for a run of 3/4 games, then nowt for 5/6 games.

Take him on loan, you'll soon see.

God bless.

Oh I agree web1 he wasn't brilliant but that's because he needed better players surrounding him. Hence West ham want him. But Wednesday failed to negotiate a far better deal. Wednesday didn't play around him, and would have got you more goals.

Also Wednesday didn't replace him... Or did they, was it Stevie may? I can't remember.

Anyway I'll leave it at that mate.

There's no replacement for scoring goals, scoring goals as Jonny suggested that he did, is the main thing and that's what he gave you and you sold him for I'm told for free. West ham who are in the premiership won't spend 4million, plus a respected premiership player plus paying his wages, wouldn't do it if they didn't think he's worth it. They might get into Europe because of him... And Wednesday. Wednesday mistake is Nottingham forest and West ham's gain.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 22:53 ----------

So you agree he did score because you've just admitted it.. Which would have got you that 6th place.

Admitted it!!! The stats show that he scored goals not my admission, it still didn't get Forest anywhere near the play offs and he wouldn't have got us there either, he did score a memorable goal to help us pip you to promotion many years ago though.

Admitted it!!! The stats show that he scored goals not my admission, it still didn't get Forest anywhere near the play offs and he wouldn't have got us there either, he did score a memorable goal to help us pip you to promotion many years ago though.

And that's why your post is agreeing with me. His goals pipped us to promotion and he'd have done the same thing in the championship. And you didn't capitalise on his true value or you being promoted. His agent's a genius. On a separate note... Wednesday done well to get Hooper... Very good player.

Oh I forgot the Wednesday board didn't want him to go. There's got to be something in that.

Edited by footietalk

And that's why your post is agreeing with me. His goals pipped us to promotion and he'd have done the same thing in the championship. And you didn't capitalise on his true value or you being promoted. His agent's a genius. On a separate note... Wednesday done well to get Hooper... Very good player.

This is getting a little tedious but.........his GOAL (not goals) in a key game was one amongst others especially from Llera and a great team ethic pipped you to promotion, not Antonio. We did capitalise on his value at the time of sale as Forest are doing now.