Michail Antonio

Hope he does well but in the scheme of things he isnt going to be good enough for (operation premiereship) :hihi::loopy:

neither are the owls Talc without that much needed striker you craved.

Im sure Tommy Tuna will get someone in on loan but, thought this bloke was loaded though I mean whats a £30,000 box in the grand scheme of things its a drop in the ocean ( no pun intended ) im sure theres loads of them empty on match days

It is the principle of the thing CB - Kieran Westwood pays for his - all the players should - they earn enough. If they want to put family and friends in comfort - foot the bill. Otherwise I am sure they have no problem getting a few freebies in the commoners seats.

By the way - he was in the box behind me last week - oh he is bloomin' lovely - lovely Mrs and kiddies too :) So chuffed he has signed on to 2018 :)

Edited by potlegs

Hope he does well but in the scheme of things he isnt going to be good enough for (operation premiereship) :hihi::loopy:

:hihi:Starlc I've just seen your profile pic, just wondered how and why you guard doors, and what doors are so precious they need guarding? Do the doors need guarding because they are famous? Do they need 24 hr guarding? Can I come and see these special doors??:hihi::hihi:

Was reading that he was one of Wednesday's most important players according to one of your players, when he was there. Why you sold him for very little is baffling. I see Forest knew what they were doing. I'm pretty sure you'd have secured the play offs last season with him around. Now he's in the Premiership. Good luck to the fella.

Was reading that he was one of Wednesday's most important players according to one of your players, when he was there. Why you sold him for very little is baffling. I see Forest knew what they were doing. I'm pretty sure you'd have secured the play offs last season with him around. Now he's in the Premiership. Good luck to the fella.

you can keep saying that all you want but it wont change the opinions of owls fans. yes he was important for us WHEN he was on the pitch playing well but he spent a lot of time in the treatment room and his form wasn't as good as it was at forest, we would never of got 8 million for him. we might of let him got for a million less maybe than we could of got but in the end we got in total around 2.5 million which I think is fair considering his form for us etc.

and no we wouldn't of got in the playoffs with him in the team

Kieran Lee was our best player when he left & still is one of ours now.

Nick Blackman is currently having a great season for Reading, he was sold by united for £1m, if he carries on in his current vein of form and gets sold for say £5m to a bigger club would that be bad business by united?

No of course it wouldn't, united sold him for what he was worth at the time of the sale, any improvments in the future cannot be foreseen, hopefully that will put an end to similar ridiculous claims on this thread.

Nick Blackman is currently having a great season for Reading, he was sold by united for £1m, if he carries on in his current vein of form and gets sold for say £5m to a bigger club would that be bad business by united?

No of course it wouldn't, united sold him for what he was worth at the time of the sale, any improvments in the future cannot be foreseen, hopefully that will put an end to similar ridiculous claims on this thread.

Bit of a poor comparison, but I'll explain.

Blackman, a player who proper to this season had 7 league goals from 2 and a half seasons, which equated to around 1 goals per 10+ league appearances.

A player who wanted to leave for more money and also a higher league.

Bit of a poor comparison, but I'll explain.

Blackman, a player who proper to this season had 7 league goals from 2 and a half seasons, which equated to around 1 goals per 10+ league appearances.

A player who wanted to leave for more money and also a higher league.

He was your top scorer in all comps at the time of leaving and has not been a regular starter up until this season.

He was your top scorer in all comps at the time of leaving and has not been a regular starter up until this season.

Exactly, so it wouldn't be a mistake,

By the time of the next window, he will have been at Reading for 3 years, which (in a good career) is around a fifth of a forwards career.

At his age, in that time, he should develop. He hasn't in the short term, perhaps long term he may,

No matter how you look, the Owls undersold, whether that is by £500k, £1 million, £2 million or whatever, that is the question,

I think £2.5 million plus a sell on would have been a reasonable figure.

He wasn't (and still isn't) worth the £7 million in my opinion.

So for me, you under sold yourselves a little. But these things happen.

How that money was invested and how that worked out makes the deal look terrible though.

I am sure we have received more than we got at the time - but I am honestly fed up of reading about him on here now. I did not want him to go because when he wanted to turn it on he did - and with style but for whatever reasons he did not want to stay with us. No good trying to hold on to a player who has fallen out with either the club or the manager.