Shiny Sheff at Lodge Moor

Definitely Monday? Not seen any advertising online or otherwise, looks smart from outside, must say I'm intrigued

Yep. I was in Friday evening during staff training.

They had to pour some free beers for me :-)

Ha, nice one, thought that's what was going on, what's it looking like?

Ha, nice one, thought that's what was going on, what's it looking like?

Looks good inside - shall try a beer or two tonight :)

Indeed it does...

http://www.shinysheff.co.uk/index

According to the picture if you order fish and chips you only get four chips. No doubt they are locally-sourced, organic, hand-cut, hand-cooked artisan chips. But only four of them all the same.

According to the picture if you order fish and chips you only get four chips. No doubt they are locally-sourced, organic, hand-cut, hand-cooked artisan chips. But only four of them all the same.

wrong! If you read the menu properly you will see they are rustic chips rather than artisan ones...:D

Was pretty good tonight (the football on Sky Sports didn't go Sheffields way but a good match never the less).

A bit chaotic behind the bar but everyone's new so give it a chance.

My family all ate there and said it was very good.

If everyone who came for a nosey actually used the pub it'll be a great success.

Was pretty good tonight (the football on Sky Sports didn't go Sheffields way but a good match never the less).

A bit chaotic behind the bar but everyone's new so give it a chance.

My family all ate there and said it was very good.

If everyone who came for a nosey actually used the pub it'll be a great success.

Agreed - food reports are good so far, new staff are pleasant, and they should settle in okay; hope they manage to keep getting people in. Was quieter tonight but it is only Tuesday.

I suspect they will need to alter some of the event nights though - live music on Saturdays but they are only looking for singers or duets, not bands, because it overlaps with food service time and area. Chris Johnson is good, but easy listening and won't bring lots of people in.

The pub does still need to attract a younger crowd in, as younger people put money over the bar, which is what a pub needs.

Hopefully they will be given the time by Eneterprise to look at all this and do whatever works to get the custom in.

Agreed - food reports are good so far, new staff are pleasant, and they should settle in okay; hope they manage to keep getting people in. Was quieter tonight but it is only Tuesday.

I suspect they will need to alter some of the event nights though - live music on Saturdays but they are only looking for singers or duets, not bands, because it overlaps with food service time and area. Chris Johnson is good, but easy listening and won't bring lots of people in.

The pub does still need to attract a younger crowd in, as younger people put money over the bar, which is what a pub needs.

Hopefully they will be given the time by Eneterprise to look at all this and do whatever works to get the custom in.

They gave it to one of their 'Business Development managers' on a sweetened deal, he couldn't make it work either.

That menu looks a but odd.

Sandwiches served with crisps but not salad which you have to pay an extra £3.95 for!

They gave it to one of their 'Business Development managers' on a sweetened deal, he couldn't make it work either.

True, there's work to be done that isn't covered by a spot of redecoration. I hope they find the missing ingredient to make the pub successful.

I don't think karaoke on a Friday is the answer :)