Shiny Sheff at Lodge Moor

I still think they need some extra work to get people in; karaoke on Fridays seems to be getting a few less in already (a good thing, IMO, as I don't like karaoke - but if it works for the pub, good for them); the live entertainment on Saturdays is really dire (apart from Chris Johnson) - the 'acts' they have had on are very low grade, not bringing people in at all.

But it's still early doors, and they have time to change this....the people running the pub are nice and making an effort, which is to be applauded.

I still think they need some extra work to get people in; karaoke on Fridays seems to be getting a few less in already (a good thing, IMO, as I don't like karaoke - but if it works for the pub, good for them); the live entertainment on Saturdays is really dire (apart from Chris Johnson) - the 'acts' they have had on are very low grade, not bringing people in at all.

But it's still early doors, and they have time to change this....the people running the pub are nice and making an effort, which is to be applauded.

Agree although I have yet to be in on a Friday evening to see the entertainment.

As I said previously, I think karaoke has had its day; leave it to seaside resorts and inner city pubs. The Shiny Sheff does not need it! Other than that, I'm delighted with my local and Paul and Andy are running a good house...or should that be ship?

Do they still run the Tuesday night music quiz?

Music quiz is on Thursdays and my old friend JT usually hosts it.

Agree although I have yet to be in on a Friday evening to see the entertainment.

As I said previously, I think karaoke has had its day; leave it to seaside resorts and inner city pubs. The Shiny Sheff does not need it! Other than that, I'm delighted with my local and Paul and Andy are running a good house...or should that be ship?

That's a good walk for a "local" :hihi:

I take it you are walking across the golf course? Saves 10 minutes

Shame the managers of the Shiny are leaving tonight (Tues, that is) - I'll be in to have a pint with them.

Shame the managers of the Shiny are leaving tonight (Tues, that is) - I'll be in to have a pint with them.

managers leaving? What's happened?

That's a shame.

Thing that struck me when visiting was the effort of the management and staff to make it work.

They have done well but there is plenty more to do to establish the place.

managers leaving? What's happened?

Sounds like they weren't prepared to accept the way that the regional manager wanted to treat them. Glad they stood up for themselves, but a shame they are going as they were nice people who made an effort to get the pub going again.

---------- Post added 08-07-2015 at 00:42 ----------

That's a shame.

Thing that struck me when visiting was the effort of the management and staff to make it work.

They have done well but there is plenty more to do to establish the place.

Yup, nice people, but early days for the pub. Shame they felt they had to leave.

Sounds like they weren't prepared to accept the way that the regional manager wanted to treat them. Glad they stood up for themselves, but a shame they are going as they were nice people who made an effort to get the pub going again.

---------- Post added 08-07-2015 at 00:42 ----------

Yup, nice people, but early days for the pub. Shame they felt they had to leave.

Regional manager for Enterprise?

Business Development Manager

or

Enterprise Nazi Police

Regional manager for Enterprise?

I believe so - though it seems the pub is run by the Bermondsey Pub Company; but that looks to be a company owned/run by Enterprise