Antisocial behaviour from the usual suspects in page hall again!

If you have problems with antisocial neighbours get some Bjork albums and have some big parties.

Sorry, but what is disgraceful about this? I only learned last bonfire night that in the UK it is illegal to set off fireworks in public places. It isn't exactly an advertised fact.

On the continent everybody sets off fireworks in the road - it is a social event.

that's the trouble with immigrants who come to these shores they think what happens in their countries is accepted here (its not) whats disgraceful about this is the actions of a certain ethnic minority, is affecting the community to such an extent that locals are trying to flee the area and the powers that be are brushing this under the carpet. :suspect:

that's the trouble with immigrants who come to these shores they think what happens in their countries is accepted here (its not) whats disgraceful about this is the actions of a certain ethnic minority, is affecting the community to such an extent that locals are trying to flee the area and the powers that be are brushing this under the carpet. :suspect:

Because when you go abroad you behave like the shining example of cultural understanding and enlightenment. :loopy:

on the continent they set off fireworks one night a year, New Years. Is it a surprise they don't know of the law that this is not allowed in the streets? It really isn't unless someone bothered to inform them.

It explains why they do it. They weren't trying to deliberately upset anybody, they were doing something they do every year, no matter where they are. Bringing in the police in this sort of crowd could potentially lead to riots, not the sort of thing you want. Far better would be to simply go round informing them that it is illegal to set off fireworks in the road now that it has been established they don't know about this rule.

Again, I have lived here for nearly 8 years before I was aware of it.

The poster did explain that the fire works were being set of within ten mitres of a petrol station.

You can't get dafter than that , can you?

Because when you go abroad you behave like the shining example of cultural understanding and enlightenment. :loopy:

on the continent they set off fireworks one night a year, New Years. Is it a surprise they don't know of the law that this is not allowed in the streets? It really isn't unless someone bothered to inform them.

when I go abroad I observe the laws of the country I go to :thumbsup: now can you get back to the other part of my post about why the behaviour of a certain minority is disgraceful and the actions of the powers that be are brushing this under the carpet eh:suspect:

It explains why they do it. They weren't trying to deliberately upset anybody, they were doing something they do every year, no matter where they are. Bringing in the police in this sort of crowd could potentially lead to riots, not the sort of thing you want. Far better would be to simply go round informing them that it is illegal to set off fireworks in the road now that it has been established they don't know about this rule.

Again, I have lived here for nearly 8 years before I was aware of it.

Thank you tzijlstra, would have said exactly the same, it will take time for everybody to adjust but the majority of these new arrivals are in their hearts not bad people.

This is horrific. Amazing how this can happen in basically Nick Clegg's constituency.

I think the whole area needs CCTV and a 24/7 police presence by the sounds of it. Sadly the south yorkshire police would call that "racist".

No - they would call it 'impossible'.

Thank you tzijlstra, would have said exactly the same, it will take time for everybody to adjust but the majority of these new arrivals are in their hearts not bad people.

the only people who need to adjust are these new arrivals who should respect the communities they move into. :suspect:

This is what I was trying to say, thank you :thumbsup:

You are most welcome :D

The poster did explain that the fire works were being set of within ten mitres of a petrol station.

Either I am blind or I don't see that in the OP? It might be later on though but I admit not to have read the entire thread as it contains the usual THEM THERE rhetoric that can be read in every other thread on Pagehall.

If you have problems with antisocial neighbours get some Bjork albums and have some big parties.

Hang on ... sounds a bit foreign

---------- Post added 03-01-2015 at 12:21 ----------

At a distance of ten mitres, you must be nearly in Canterbury.

Sorry, but what is disgraceful about this? I only learned last bonfire night that in the UK it is illegal to set off fireworks in public places. It isn't exactly an advertised fact.

On the continent everybody sets off fireworks in the road - it is a social event.

What next to parked cars and almost outside a petrol station, they surely have the sense to know this is an accident waiting to happen. There's been thousands spent on various projects in the area to inform them of whats allowed and what's not so I'm fairly certain they know it's not allowed but like everything else they thought sod it I'm doing it.