Sign in to follow this  

Who are the best football players of all time?

Only collectively..................... SHEFFIELD UTD.

Ducks for cover, and awaits onslaught.:rolleyes:

Is this any positions or Strikers, Defender or Goalkeepers?

well speaking modestly in my own mind when I was a nipper me and my mate Pete were on fire when we used to have a kick about down in Ecclesfield Park. Mind you reality soon set in......

A pair of banana boots for Spook1210?

Yes please and make sure they're the ones that look like clown shoes too!

What we talking here, top 5, top 10, top 20??????!!!!! Give us a clue.

There have been enough polls around in world football recently with Pele deciding his top 125 and the Euro anniversary one as well saying their top 50 so you can take a look there mate. Anyway, I think the most talented player ever was George Best, the most consummate professional was Bobby Moore but the best overall has to be Pele, just to be different. Best goalie by the way- David Seaman - what a legend!

i also believe Bestie was the most talented player ever and a joy to watch. despite the 'hand of God' incident Maradonna was a fantastic player who could win a game on his own. strange that many players have been guilty of this same 'handball' crime (i remember Wales being put out of the qualifying stages of the World Cup by a similar Scottish goal) but Maradonna's was more unforgivable simply because it was against England. Franz Beckenbauer and Johan Cruyff are also worth considering.

dont agree with David Seamen. think Lev Yashin and Gordon Banks are top contenders here.

I've heard many people suggest Zidane but I don't agree with this. Zidane is far too lazy for my liking and doesn't track back enough.

Here is my little list:

Maradonna

Baresi

Cruyff

Beckenbauer

Eusebio

Van Basten

Honourable Mention:

Zico

Platini

Banks

Pele