Three Valleys beer festival 2015 & 2016

I couldn't possibly comment... however it is true the Travellers Rest have decided to take a year out. They tell us they have wedding parties booked in over the summer which requires a bit of work (and reward) for them and have friends coming to visit on festival day and they are looking forward to getting out and about to see what goes on in the other venues!

The Miners Arms just down the road at Hundall are in the festival again this year, they proved a hit on their first outing last year.

Also dropping out this year apart from the Travs are the Castle, Shepley Spitfire and Tickled Trout.

New to Three Valleys is the Yew Tree at Coal Aston, they will be having an outside bar and stage in their car park, also new is the Pioneer Club in Dronfield and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do - it has a lot of potential and is free of tie, also new this year is the Horse & Jockey at Unstone which is owned by the same people that run the Talbot and again is free of tie.

Yeah agreed. Although I quite like the Travellers, I preferred the Miners. And I have a suspicion that the Travellers think they may still benefit from a lot of 'passing trade'.

Definitely looking forward to trying a couple of the new places though. The fact that there are now more in the centre of Dronfield should give each of those places a little more breathing room.

I'm quite surprised to see the Blue Stoops involved this year. Great that the pub will soon be under renovation but I can't help but think they will be cutting it fine to be ready in early June; work hasn't started on it yet.

I'm quite surprised to see the Blue Stoops involved this year. Great that the pub will soon be under renovation but I can't help but think they will be cutting it fine to be ready in early June; work hasn't started on it yet.

They are now anticipating opening in May and Three Valleys will effectively be an extra launch party!

I suppose if things aren't quite finished inside, there is nothing to stop them running an outside bar and food stall!

They are now anticipating opening in May and Three Valleys will effectively be an extra launch party!

I suppose if things aren't quite finished inside, there is nothing to stop them running an outside bar and food stall!

Fingers crossed we get decent weather in that case :) :)

First venue to start announcing their plans is the Talbot at Dronfield Woodhouse

• There will be a Fish n Chip van on the day, provided by Dodsons, who won the 2015 National Fish n Chip Awards

• We will be showcasing ales from Peak Ales with a mobile hand pump bar this year

• The entertainment is TBC but we are looking at 2 bands throughout the day

• We will be having 2 outside portaloo’s for the event to ensure that there’s adequate bathrooms to cater for the crowd

There’s lots more to come so will keep you posted as and when we get confirmation.

Did a few of the boozers when I was back in Sheff,best for me was the old Sidings,think its the Dronfield arms now.

Yes, Dronfield Arms is the former Old Sidings, also now home to Hopjacker Brewery.

Manor House Hotel has confirmed their plans for 3 Valleys Festival day, which are pretty much the same as last year

- live music with Sam Wain throughout the afternoon

- real ale tent featuring beers from Abbeydale Brewery

- Food from I love Ostrich

There are also discounted hotel room rates for those attending the festival.

Miners Arms, Hundall

On the 4th June we shall once again be taking part in the 3 Valleys Festival!

As Dronfield CAMRA Pub of the Year 2016 & Cider Pub of the Year 2015 you can expect an amazing range of beers & real ciders at the Miners, Hundall.

Our inside bar will be taken over by the legendary Pictish Brewery, Rochdale.

Outside you will find at least 20 real ciders, Perry & fruit ciders.

Plus 15-20 (tbc) Gravity real ales from breweries such as:

Titanic

Arbor

Saltaire

Drone Valley

Siren

To name a few!

Food will once again be provided by Delilicious, Dronfield with their fabulous Gourmet burger menu!

Music in the garden from The Score, Russ & Andy & Junkyard Dog will really get you in festival mode!

Watch out for more announcements soon!

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 22:42 ----------

Update on the festival day plans of the Talbot Arms - their afternoon band, due on at 2pm - Rattled. They play 50s 60s 70s and the odd modern day song – The Who, Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Eagles, Johny Cash, Fleetwood Mac, Amy Winehouse plus more.

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 22:43 ----------

The Dronfield Arms have started talking about their plans for festival day - full details not quite finalised but they have already confirmed they will have 4 bars in operation - pub bar, decking bar, gravity bar and craft keg caravan bar - Altogether offering a choice of 25 real ales and 7 craft keg beers.

There will also be outside toilets to avoid the queues seen last year to use the pub toilets!

Details of the food and live music coming soon!

Hi All -

As predicted by AndyP728 we unfortunately won't have the Stoops ready in time for this year. Good luck to all those involved and we're looking forward to having a cruise round ourselves!

Cheers

Hi All -

As predicted by AndyP728 we unfortunately won't have the Stoops ready in time for this year. Good luck to all those involved and we're looking forward to having a cruise round ourselves!

Cheers

Thanks for the update TNBC.

Any ideas when you envisage the opening will be of The Stoops?

Any word on firming up the bus route info? Above it says 'expected to be', so was just wondering if that was pretty much it or if there were any alterations etc.

My planning has begun!!! Can't wait - should be a great way to kick off the summer!!!