Three Valleys beer festival 2015 & 2016

Announcement from the Miners Arms in Hundall...

As you all know, we are taking part in this years 3 Valleys Beer Festival & it is time to start announcing some of our plans for the day!

We will be having an INFLATABLE PUB to house our outside bar!!

This will be erected on the cricket pitch which you will be able to access from the pubs beer garden.

There will be 10 real ales inside the 'inflatable pub' & 5 inside the Miners.

We will also have a large amount of real ciders & bottled beers.

Breweries etc to be confirmed nearer the time but expect some unusual, rarer beers.

Food will be provided by Ruth @ Delilicious, Dronfield - expect pulled pork/chicken & homemade gourmet burgers!

Look out for more announcements soon!!

Sounds fab. Let's just hope it doesn't end up as flat as the beer!

All looks fab! Not sure if i can make it though... boooooo... hope it goes well!

The Castle Inn at Bradway have started to reveal their plans for festival day.

Chef Jamie Bosworth is doing the food, likely to be American diner style gourmet burgers.

Music will be a guitar duo called 'Twelve Strings', will perform a number of sets during the afternoon and evening.

Beer information yet to be confirmed but there is talk of an outside bar provided by Stancill Brewery in addition to other local beers on the bar inside.

---------- Post added 30-04-2015 at 10:14 ----------

A change to the food offer at the Dronfield Arms for festival day....

The previously advertised Nether Edge Pizza have pulled out, now replaced by Cow Boys Burgers.

Ah rite, friends have started a new pizza company 'SunshinePizzaOven' ! Their on Facebook as that too, if your interested..... :hihi:

Never been to Travs or Miners up there so really hope to get to them and also visit any other worthwhile pubs that are new to me, so long as the beer is good. The timetable for buses I picked up last week was really tricky to understand (for me, and this was before a few ales) so could be fun....:confused::):hihi:

Never been to Travs or Miners up there so really hope to get to them and also visit any other worthwhile pubs that are new to me, so long as the beer is good. The timetable for buses I picked up last week was really tricky to understand (for me, and this was before a few ales) so could be fun....:confused::):hihi:

I wouldn't worry about it Jemmo. Last two years we have analysed timetables with a fine tooth comb and planned exactly how long we have in each bar and where we are going next. Three drinks in it's all up in the air and we end up playing lucky dip. Just get on the next bus that arrives and see where it takes you. Hope it's not Barlow Brewery just before someone smacks a driver and they cancel the buses...

The first version of the flyer had wrong bus information, the second edition now online and now being distributed is correct (and makes more sense).

Its easy really. Three bus routes out of Dronfield station

A - towards the Castle Inn, Bradway

B - towards the Miners Arms, Hundall

C - towards Barlow Brewery

Each every half hour.

Join the first bus that turns up then beyond that you know you have half hour between each bus after. Some venues you may wish to spend longer at, some venues you can walk between (such as Green Dragon, Manor House and Vic).

Each pub will have a poster in the doorway with departure times from that pub.

The big must do venues are likely to be Miners Arms at Hundall, Travellers Rest at Apperknowle, Coach & Horses, Dronfield Arms, Barlow Brewery and Three Tuns. Potential good ones to add to the list are the Tickled Trout, Talbot Arms and Shepley Spitfire, The Castle and the Vic may surprise, as might the Royal Oak. Hyde Park, Manor House and Green Dragon should put on an enjoyable show. White Swan is focusing more on cider but should be enjoyable.

---------- Post added 30-04-2015 at 16:16 ----------

bus timetable/route map flyer: http://www.sheffieldcamra.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/3-Valleys-flyer-2015-2.1.pdf

There will also be feeder buses from Gleadless Townend and Eckington at the start of service, returning at the end of the night.

Edited by Andy C

Some early information to get it in diaries....

This year the Three Valleys Festival will take place on Saturday 6th June across 18 venues, making it the biggest one yet!

A free bus service will run every half hour from Dronfield station from midday until about 11pm, linking all the venues via three routes. There will also be a bus stop near Dore & Totley railway station.

The venues will have an extended range of real ales, also look out for craft keg beers, traditional cider, live music, food and more. All will offer free admission.

The participating venues this year are:

Barlow Brewery, Barlow

Castle Inn, Bradway

Coach & Horses, Dronfield

Dronfield Arms, Dronfield

Green Dragon, Dronfield

Hyde Park Inn, Dronfield Hill Top

Jolly Farmer, Dronfield Woodhouse

Manor House Hotel, Dronfield

Miners Arms, Dronfield Woodhouse

Miners Arms, Hundall

Royal Oak, Coal Aston

Shepley Spitfire, Totley Rise

Talbot Arms, Dronfield Woodhouse

Three Tuns, Dronfield Hallowes

Tickled Trout, Barlow

Travellers Rest, Apperknowle

Victoria, Dronfield

White Swan, Dronfield

Details - http://www.threevalleysfestival.org.uk

I know SpiderPete will be interested in this one :-)

Is it just a short walk between Trav`s and Miners`? Or bus needed?

I don't think the route has been out as far as the Miners (I presume you mean the one at Hallowes?) before so have no idea. Remember the first year we tried a walk between a pub on rour A and a pub on route C (though can't remember which two) to avoid the wait for the bus. That was a BAD idea.....

My advice is to get the bus to the Travellers Rest, then take a nice stroll round to the Miners (which looks like it should be excellent this 3 Valleys)

At least that way you'll be heading downhill.

My advice is to get the bus to the Travellers Rest, then take a nice stroll round to the Miners (which looks like it should be excellent this 3 Valleys)

At least that way you'll be heading downhill.

Cheers. I think the Miners is at Hundall - ? Both look nice.