What's knocked your duck off today?

I'm so sorry for your loss, some friends we go through life with and others fall by the wayside, from what I read you did a perfectly responsible thing by pointing out that he was going off down a slippery slope, in fact. had there been more who cared for him as you did and told him the same as you did it may not have happened. Having said that none of us are in charge of their destiny, some we win some we lose on this ocassion you tried your best, I would consider that you were a good friend indeed for trying to help him make the right decision.

I think Rossy hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately your friend lost his way in life, you tried to warn him but in my experience, it takes an almost superhuman effort for people to change, once they are set on that self destructive path. It is a tragic waste and really sad for the people who once knew a great person. My condolences.

Thanks peeps for your kind words....

I don't think I need to tell you ... :(

I work in the health and social care sector, which has already seen massive cuts. The Tories have a virtual green light now to decimate us. Further outsourcing, privatisation, reduction in services ....

I can't see how we'll ever get back what's been lost of the NHS and welfare provision, we've gone too far down the road of dismantling it all.

Effin Tories!!! :rant:

Who voted them in???

Alas I have to agree Maz, this privatisation by the back door is now going to be the Tories way of thanking their sponsors for the financial backing for the election expenses, I can't see South Yorkshire having many friends in the new government.

Got up extra early so I could collect my prescription, only to have to wait at chemist's half an hour for their computers to get going, and then they could only give me 2 days' worth of one of my meds, so I have to repeat the ordeal tomorrow! Grrr :rant:

I have bought plain flour instead of self raising.................too late now, shall have to use plain for my crust.

Can use both, I know, but I prefer the texture self raising flour produces.

Got a gentleman coming for tea. He is a friend and neighbour.

(Thought I'd just explain):blush:

Nothing, I ant got a duck :D

Er ... What's up duck?:hihi::hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Somebody said they'd knocked my duck off and I haven't had a pet duck since 1967

Being carved up by an idiot Lorry driver on the M1 today.