Wensley estate/ hinde house cres

Ive come on here to rant, i am totally outraged at what I have just heard.

My girlfriend went to work and had to walk down Hinde house Cres, brushing shoulders with the Wensley Estate, she would have passed this area at around 6 pm, I knew this area had a reputation for being rough, but it was her only way into work, Taxi company said they couldnt get to her, i was at work and by the time the taxi company had been in touch, she had missed the bus (bus links from shiregreen to the carlisle street area are shocking! but thats another issue.)

She said that while she walking down Hinde house lane, she was racially abused, by a group of males who were all smoking with a strong smell on cannabis radiating from them. They called her a "White dog" and a "Wh*e.". She also said she could hear them talking amoung themselves about "what they could do to her, how she couldnt fight back" and some very other disgusting comments.

She said the entire area smelled of cannabis, with several cars passing her all smelling of cannabis, several groups of lads all smelling of it, and a large proportion of those groups seeing it as acceptable to racially abuse her in the street.

When she arrived at work she spoke with several other members of staff who walk to work regularly and they said that they had the same experience, one of them had a group of lads surround him and began insulting him. another saying she had them same racial abuse and threats of rape etc. So much so they now walk a different way which takes around 10 minutes longer.

In what civil world do people fear being attacked or abused so much they walk a longer way to work?

Now i dont lead no sheltered life, im fully aware of what goes off, I am not shocked by what has happened as i know it has been happening for a while, Im more outraged that people act like this and seem to get away with it. That it seems to go largely unpoliced and unreported in local media.

Now I dont care what type of a reputation an area has. 1) you should be able to walk through the streets without being intimidated, threatened with violence/attacks and racially abused.

2) if its that bad, and its known to be that bad, where are the police? she said she never saw one police car/officer or even a PCSO.

3) why is this not covered in the local media?

---------- Post added 31-12-2014 at 22:10 ----------

P.S is anyone else aware of anyone who has been abused or actually attacked? im doing some digging on the star and other local media and find the topic is completely uncovered! aside from the sporadic violence in page hall some time ago, there is nothing around that area that relates to anything like the issues here.

That's just disgracefull! Things are getting out of hand. Come on SYP solve the problem before it turns into a disaster?

I agree, some robust action from our local police before it ends up in another media storm!

Has this incident been reported to the police?

Hope your girlfriend is ok, not a nice experience at all!:mad:

If this sort of behaviour was high enough up the police's list of priorities, they could address it with a few sting operations.

why didnt she phone the police as she was in fear

---------- Post added 01-01-2015 at 08:57 ----------

people need to report it and the police need to police it

why didnt she phone the police as she was in fear

---------- Post added 01-01-2015 at 08:57 ----------

people need to report it and the police need to police it

Exactly, if she hasn't contacted the Police how do they know that there is an issue?

Unfortunately there is a need to 'help yourself' on this occasion.

Report it,

They may be other what have reported it (or may not have)

It all adds up to statistics, surely then they will monitor the situation.

If I was one of them specials constables I would, have a walk (in disguise) in my normal civiees clothing to catch the rats.

Unfortunately a lot things like this go unraised and unreported and this is part of the reason it is not in the news.

But most importantly syp seem to shy away from any gang related issues that does not involve white people and any other national seems untouchable

Unfortunately a lot things like this go unraised and unreported and this is part of the reason it is not in the news.

But most importantly syp seem to shy away from any gang related issues that does not involve white people and any other national seems untouchable

The police can only react once the problem has been reported. And the more reports, then the higher the priority.

The Police and Council are a joke round here ..:rant:

Even if she had reported it nothing would have been done, the decent people in the area have been reporting various incidents for years now and it's just getting worse. Hope your girlfriend is ok and soon puts it behind her.