Sheffield Christmas Day robbery victim dies

Police will be right on the case after they have recovered from their New Years eve hangovers.

Police will be right on the case after they have recovered from their New Years eve hangovers.

Theyve already arrested someone.

Very sad news. Poor man. Rest In Peace.

There are some extremely wicked and cowardly People in this world. I'm glad someone has been arrested, let's hope it's the right people.

They should get life meaning life. They will likely get less than 10 years, probably by claiming they didn't mean to kill him. You can see why Americans favour shooting first and asking questions later, when dealing with burgling scum like this.

Some years ago when I lived on Lowedges estate I was broken into and attacked in my home by a gang, one held a knife at my throat as another beat me with a bat, somebody else was rifling through my stuff, they then stole my possessions, police were called and attended, didn't do anything, weren't bothered at all and seemed to blame me.

I was broken into multiple times over the following few days, but had moved my stuff out. Police were called multiple times by myself and neighbours. I'd found out who had done it from neighbour's cctv and neighbour's knowledge, passed information onto police, nothing was done. One of them was arrested a month later however for stabbing somebody multiple times in the street and putting them in intensive care.

Not surprised a crime like this has happened on Lowedges.

Doubt the police are going to do much about it, unless the media attention forces them to do something.

Condolences to the guys family. I hope justice is done, and if the police haven't done their job properly I hope the family can go after the police for compensation. Because they seem to be a big factor in the crime round there, they let it get out of control by ignoring it whenever possible.

Police in Sheffield are absolutely useless. They do not deserve a penny of council tax money. Get rid of them and hire an entirely new force, with the single purpose of fighting crime in the city of Sheffield. None of this PC namby pamby rubbish. "Get a crim or lose your job", quite simple really.

Police in Sheffield are absolutely useless. They do not deserve a penny of council tax money. Get rid of them and hire an entirely new force, with the single purpose of fighting crime in the city of Sheffield. None of this PC namby pamby rubbish. "Get a crim or lose your job", quite simple really.

Gibberish quote of the year.

"Get rid of them and hire an entirely new force"

Would these be police officers or caped superheroes?

Tell you what, why don't YOU become a police officer, then we'll all be safer in our beds.

Knobbedd

Can I please stress that this wasn't on "Lowedges"....lazy reporting by the star has led to it been stated as that area. Reney Crescent is infact off Reney Avenue which runs next to the church in Greenhill.

"Get rid of them and hire an entirely new force"

Would these be police officers or caped superheroes?

Tell you what, why don't YOU become a police officer, then we'll all be safer in our beds.

Knobbedd

Perhaps they are too busy dealing with domestics, covering for the ambulance service and doing paperwork.

Having said that, our jails are oversubscribed!

Perhaps they are too busy dealing with domestics.......and doing paperwork.

You're comparing domestic violence to paperwork? Domestic violence accounts for a sixth of all violence.

We're also talking here about someone killed in his own home.

http://www.lwa.org.uk/understanding-abuse/statistics.htm

---------- Post added 01-01-2015 at 08:35 ----------

He wins it every year.

This is a recent one about the 2 years old in the USA who shot his mother dead;

That'll teach her for not buying him sweets at the checkout.

should name and shame the criminal then lets string him up lets face it in prison they'll get fed and bed

Another great advert for Sheffield after the man killed by a Christmas mugging in High Green a few years ago. But of course they're all isolated incidents and everything's wonderful really.