Edleys Sweet Shop

Hi Andy,

I didn't realise anyone would be interested in this. Please message me if you need any details of family to complete or add to the family tree.

Hi Hillsboro the old memory is playing tricks but it definitely is my dad's old friend,I only went to his shop the one time when I was a youngster!.

Hi Pattyl, can you enlighten me were you lived in Worrall I lived in the old School House on Towngate Rd.

---------- Post added 22-04-2015 at 22:33 ----------

Funks pork shop next to Edleys is still trading,Mrs Funk and her daughter and son in law John ran the business for a number of years,my mom used to work for Mrs Funk as a domestic for a few years I think she lived on Langsett Ave.

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 08:15 ----------

Yarrows kept the paper shop bottom of Dykeshall Rd in 50s 60s, they had a son Millburn who went to live in Worrall.

---------- Post added 02-05-2015 at 09:03 ----------

Hi Pat, have couple of photos of Worrall,not very good regards sending them on Forum my email is [email protected] you email me will send them to you. Barry.