Speeding ticket at Burncross

He says he was in Burncross not on Burncross road, the speed limit has always been 30mph on Burncross Road.

---------- Post added 31-12-2014 at 12:16 ----------

This is another one of those threads where the OP starts it and doesn't return with further information.

Sorry I misread op, assummed since burncross rd brought u from burncross to Chapletown that he would be driving on there

I'm still confused. Was the OP driving near Ecclesfiel School, where I believe the speed limits were amended a few months ago? If it was not there, was in Burncross Rd? If Burncross, where exactly is that?

If it is on Burncross Rd, as I think it is, has the speed limit actually changed here?

Edited by Eater Sundae

He says he was in Burncross not on Burncross road, the speed limit has always been 30mph on Burncross Road.

---------- Post added 31-12-2014 at 12:16 ----------

This is another one of those threads where the OP starts it and doesn't return with further information.

you are quite correct i went up and down that rd for six years.

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I have received a speeding fine for doing 35 in a 30 zone at Burncross coming in to Chappeltown. My problem is that I wasn't aware that the limit had changed from 40mph to 30mph. There was so signage to alert drivers to the change and by the time I had noticed it was too late. I used this road quite regularly so the change must have been recent. Have I any grounds to appeal?

Do you mean from ecclesfield to chap?, burncross hasn't changed in yonks

There is a 30mph sign on burncross road as u go up it from tesco so will be one on other side for when u come down it.

Never been a 30mph sign any where on Burncross Road and there aint one now. There are 30 mph signs on HALLWOOD ROAD which becomes Burncross Road at Acorn X roads

BTW if as we assume it was Ecclesfield/Chapeltown Road there are 30mph signs and also "NEW SPEED LIMIT" signs so no excuse.

Where is OP ? Can he clarify where exactly he was?

Never been a 30mph sign any where on Burncross Road and there aint one now. There are 30 mph signs on HALLWOOD ROAD which becomes Burncross Road at Acorn X roads

Just the one outside Sinemaster warning of 30mph speed cameras which are no longer there.

http://goo.gl/maps/jyDPo

Edited by phawley
added Google earth link

That change isn't that recent, it's been 30 for a little while, but no you don't, if you go along the lines of I wasn't looking at signage, your kind of admitting to driving without due care, not that that's what they would do, but the signage is there

Is there actually a fixed camera on Burncross Rd, and/or do they ever set up the camera can on there?

Is there actually a fixed camera on Burncross Rd, and/or do they ever set up the camera can on there?

There was a short lived fixed camera on Burncross Rd near to the Costcutter they removed this when speed humps got installed. Camera van used to be seen been between Chapel Rd & Acorn Inn but haven't seen it for ages.

If he was coming own Burncross Road then it's always been 30. If he was coming past the school on Ecclesfield Road then there are signs and as it was months ago when it changed I'd say pay up is only option and try paying more attention to road signs unless you haven't been down that road in a long time you haven't got a leg to stand on. I'd think yourself lucky you haven't been caught before if you've been ignoring the signs since August

Edited by denlin