Easiest way to clean an oven

Now the big meal has been and gone, can anyone recommend the best way to clean an oven, especially the racks etc?

Anyone used any particular products that worked well?

Or has anyone used any of these professional cleaning services and were they worth the money?

Cheers

yp

We put the oven onto its self clean programme. It locks the door and takes the temperature up to around 500C. After an hour and a half the door opens and you vac out a bit of grey dust.

I can't fault it. It even warms the house whilst cleaning itself.

I once killed an electric oven by spraying the cleaning stuff too near the hole at the back. Beware!

I use the Mr Muscle stuff, the one in a spray can.

Liberally cover the inside of the oven in the stuff, shelves and all.

Leave it overnight and it will dissolve everything, then you just have to clean the brown goo out the oven the next morning.

Now the big meal has been and gone, can anyone recommend the best way to clean an oven, especially the racks etc?

Anyone used any particular products that worked well?

Or has anyone used any of these professional cleaning services and were they worth the money?

Cheers

yp

This stuff is cheap and works

http://www.poundland.co.uk/home-and-garden/cleaning/cleaning-equipment/mighty-oven-cleaner-50-extra-free

If you really don't want to do it yourself then I'd recommend OvenRevive. Prices, testimonials, photo's on their website.....

http://www.ovenrevive.co.uk

We've used them, and they did a good job.

I clean mine every 2 or 3 days with warm soapy water. Only takes me 5 minutes and it's always spotless :)

Agreed theres ways to clean it yourself but genuinely is it spotless? Grills too, all carbon off? Are the racks polished??

Ovens really can be like new if done properly.

Agreed theres ways to clean it yourself but genuinely is it spotless? Grills too, all carbon off? Are the racks polished??

Ovens really can be like new if done properly.

I have OCD. My oven has to be spotless! To be fair, it never really gets that dirty as every time I use it, I cover the racks and the baking trays with foil and I use those liners that go on the bottom to catch drips, crumbs etc. I clean it every 2 or 3 days even if it's not been used since the last clean!

Edited by angel22

Go to pound shop and buy Oven Pride. Can also buy it in supermarkets at £4. Absolutely brilliant!

I use the Mr Muscle stuff, the one in a spray can.

Liberally cover the inside of the oven in the stuff, shelves and all.

Leave it overnight and it will dissolve everything, then you just have to clean the brown goo out the oven the next morning.

Tip: Take the brown goo out with loads of old newspapers.

For the racks and the removable glass door panels, I soak overnight in Biotex then run them through the dishwasher. Mr Muscle oven cleaner works well enough for the oven itself.