New Years eve taxi prices

It is £2 more. Any taxi driver who tries to tell you other wise record them asking for the price, record their registration number and report them.

You leave a rather important bit of information out here! Thi applies to hackney carriages, not private hire.

My son is sorted with his taxi, pre booked it with city cars and was told fare + £2

Instead of starting a new thread I'll ask here.

What are the tram times over NYE? I never really have to do public transport, will they be running at about 7 ish? or later? I'm assuming it will be Sunday times?

I checked the site, but their route planner doesn't have a NYE configuration.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/Christmas/#section1

New Year’s Eve Wednesday 31 December

Tram Saturday service with last departures between 17:50 and 19:00

city is plus £2

as someone has just said above!

its on their facebook page

I used city taxis on Christmas day from Sheffield to Rotherham, driver said it was time and a half, cost £30. Used a local Rotherham taxi for the return journey, same route, same day, £15!!!

Tweeted city taxis and all they did was block me. Great customer service!!

City taxis are awful. In the past they used to care but no longer! When in Sheffield I only use Mercury now. Reliable and friendly drivers

I used Mercury on NYE as well, rang City and was told they'd be 'over 2 hours'

Mercury turned up in under half an hour.

I used city taxis on Christmas day from Sheffield to Rotherham, driver said it was time and a half, cost £30. Used a local Rotherham taxi for the return journey, same route, same day, £15!!!

I used City taxis twice last night. When booking both the call takers told me it would be £2 over the normal fair, both drivers told me the same at the start and the meter read exactly £2 over the usual fare at the end of the trip. City employ almost 1,000 drivers so not all are saints. City tried to disclaim all responsibility when one of their drivers drove over my path and garden. I contacted the council licensing department who were excellent. Email or phone them.

With city It was only +£2 within the sheffield boundary and fare and a half outside the boundary.

With mercury it was just +£2 wherever you went.