Bin Collections

Gale force-ish winds and all local roads have full black bins out since Monday night, gonna look interesting in the morning!

Gale force-ish winds and all local roads have full black bins out since Monday night, gonna look interesting in the morning!

its rubbish init

Grrrr, the council, (not Sheffield) have informed me that there will be no extra collections to pick up the missed collection. So none of our bins have been emptied since 15th December, so that's one collection in a month, over the Christmas period.

They said that the reason the bins weren't collected was that cars was blocking the road, so the dustcart couldn't drive the 10 meters to collect our bins.So our black bin would have emptied once in a 4 week period and our recycle bin bin once over a 5 week period.

They also told me that the any black bags next to the bins won't be collected, which is a problem because we have so much rubbish around the house, the bin will be full when the council do get around to emptying our bins.

Add this to the council's policy of not gritting any of our village's roads, and it our council tax payments being higher than Sheffield's. Then I am starting to get very frustrated with our council.

Due to the wind and boxes/bins not emptied yet.

I walked down the road to find our empty blue box and there are cans/bottles strewn everywhere. :( On the way back I filled the box again with what I could (full again now) but half of it isn't ours, don't know where it's been blown to :mad:. I also did my good deed for the day and collected a couple of boxes for the less capable people and filled those as well :D

If everyone went out and did similar there wouldn't be rubbish all over the place.

Due to the wind and boxes/bins not emptied yet.

I walked down the road to find our empty blue box and there are cans/bottles strewn everywhere. :( On the way back I filled the box again with what I could (full again now) but half of it isn't ours, don't know where it's been blown to :mad:. I also did my good deed for the day and collected a couple of boxes for the less capable people and filled those as well :D

If everyone went out and did similar there wouldn't be rubbish all over the place.

well done but remember to wear gloves you dont know what your picking up

Broken glass bottles all over this morning. Kept hearing large crashes in night - obviously blue bins blowing over.

Ours has finally been collected today, 3 weeks since our last collection. The Bin Lorry will take 2 extra bin bags if placed at the side of the bin.

Our black bin, which should have been collected on Monday 29th, was collected today. No problem as far as I'm concerned.

still no bins collected in s8 . snow again tommrow so hopefully just alittle as black bin day monday as well