Hathersage skatepark

Has anyone seen the new skate park in Hathersage? It looks wrong in the middle of a beautiful Peak District village. I don't know how they got planning permission for it!

Why not ask the kids using it how they feel about it being in the middle of a 'beautiful Peak District village' - that skate park is probably the most exciting thing for teenagers in Hathersage since farmer John got a new sheep dip in 1955.

Has anyone seen the new skate park in Hathersage? It looks wrong in the middle of a beautiful Peak District village. I don't know how they got planning permission for it!

the skate park is in memory of a young lad who died suddenly. built by local donations and the full co-operation of the peak planning board

OP, do you think these little villages are populated by children like something out of the Famous Five?

BREAKING NEWS: they like skateboards, BMX, computer games etc... just like the kids anywhere else. It's a great thing the council has done for them.

OP, do you think these little villages are populated by children like something out of the Famous Five?

BREAKING NEWS: they like skateboards, BMX, computer games etc... just like the kids anywhere else. It's a great thing the council has done for them.

Don't forget lashings and lashings of Ginger Beer! :hihi:

get a life, it is actually in the middle of play area, no where near the middle of the village and has no detremental effect on the village whatsoever

Edited by lobster

It's bloody outrageous! Almost as bad as the bright red car I saw there once, totally clashed with the greenery!

:roll:

Not Hathersage, but nearby Calver, we saw a couple of kids with things like scooters, but no wheels, that they were scooting on.... Like a skateboard with no wheels but having set of handlebars.... If you can picture what I mean!!! Anyway, I want one too!

how infinitely depressing that you see something like a skatepark as "out of keeping" with the village but seem content with having large areas of tarmac filled with metal boxes in the village.

is this "in keeping" with the rural aesthetic you crave?

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/06/90/44/6d/hotel-and-car-park.jpg

is this a picture of Eden in the Hope Valley?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/Hathersage_car_park_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1114607.jpg

Not Hathersage, but nearby Calver, we saw a couple of kids with things like scooters, but no wheels, that they were scooting on.... Like a skateboard with no wheels but having set of handlebars.... If you can picture what I mean!!! Anyway, I want one too!

Hoverboards?