Surname eccles/spye

Hi Patricia - What you write is quite a surprise. I had no idea my Aunt Phoebe had so many children. I only knew two of them at all. Jim and Annice who were both close to my age. My cousin Dave says that Jim died recently. Don't think he knows anything about the others or who is still living

Best Regards

Iam looking for information on Harry Eccles, he was working as an agricultural engineer maybe at Shardlows. He lived some of his working life at 326 Sheffield road, any help tracing his family members would be great

thanks IAN

Used to work with a chap called Charlie Spye back in the 1970s he was the local lorry driver for GTP (George Turton Platts ltd) Meadowhall his son also worked at GTP not sure if his son might still be there but guess Charlie would have retired years ago.

Ian,

There is a Harry Eccles on the 1939 register. His date of birth is 8 Dec 1879 and he

is a 'Proprietor of Agricultural Machinery & Steam Rollers and Engin.

Might the above be your Harry, or is the date of birth wrong?

My grandmother was Eliza Eccles and although they lived in Lock St which isnt too far from Cuthbert bank I havent seen any attachement to your family tree. Her father was William and her mother Savinah.

Ian,

There is a Harry Eccles on the 1939 register. His date of birth is 8 Dec 1879 and he

is a 'Proprietor of Agricultural Machinery & Steam Rollers and Engin.

Might the above be your Harry, or is the date of birth wrong?

Hi Moirahyde, thanks for this info. Please could you confirm the address he was living at and any other people who lived there. I have an address in Tinsley,any other detail would be great too.

Thanks again

The address on the 1939 register is 'Moorlands', Moor Lane, Rotherham.

As well as Harry, there is Evelyn Cox (Purvis), D.O.B. 18 Sep 1904,

housekeeper, widowed and Kenneth R. Cox, D.O.B. 9 Nov 1927, at school,

one record closed.

Hi Keeley, some time ago you posted you were looking for Spye/Eccles families in Sheffield. Do you possibly have, somwhere in your family, a Harry Eccles who worked as an engineer from the 190s onwards, hope you can help me as I am researching on behalf of my wife.

Thanks Ian