Our immigration policy..

Why does it not come as a surprise that you use insults to mask and distract from your obvious error.

Oh, was it erroneous to find your attempts at debate amusing? :sad:

And where was the insult? If you mean the jester comment, I think you'll find they were actually highly respected members of the court.

Oh, was it erroneous to find your attempts at debate amusing? :sad:

And where was the insult? If you mean the jester comment, I think you'll find they were actually highly respected members of the court.

The topic is not about my debating skills, it is about immigration, please try to stick to the topic and keep your insults to yourself. There is of course no requirement for you to respond to my on topic posts.

I thought our Immigration Policy was "Let them all in and to hell with the rest of us"

Yes, by British citizens continuing to think they are better than the rest of the world yet not putting in the effort required to compete with said world.

It is easy to pick on the few Roma in Pagehall (as I know you like doing) but I don't often see you lift a finger when it comes to, for example, the kids that are allowed to drop out of school by their apathetic parents who are more interested in getting the next pay/dole check so they can go to the pub on a night out.

I think you will find in times of crisis, the people of this nation step up to the plate better than anyone.

I thought our Immigration Policy was "Let them all in and to hell with the rest of us"

Well you quite clearly don't understand anything about our immigration policy then.

My understanding is probably incorrect or incomplete; but as I understand it...

Our immigration policy isn't determined by ourselves; it's determined by Europe; and the reason we don't want to leave Europe, is so we can continue to benefit from free trade agreements with other European countries.

Is that correct?

If these figures are correct then we should be staying in the EU and accepting the free movement of people but banning completing all Non EU immigration.

Immigration from outside Europe 'cost £120 billion'

New report shows immigration from outside Europe over the Labour government years cost the public purse billions of pounds, while recent migration from inside Europe generated a £4 billion surplus

Immigrants who came to live in Britain from outside Europe cost the public purse nearly £120 billion over 17 years, a new report has shown.

The major academic study also found, however, that recent immigration from Europe – driven by the surge in arrivals from eastern European – gave the economy a £4.4 billion boost over the same period.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11209234/Immigration-from-outside-Europe-cost-120-billion.html

If these figures are correct then we should be staying in the EU and accepting the free movement of people but banning completing all Non EU immigration.

New report shows immigration from outside Europe over the Labour government years cost the public purse billions of pounds, while recent migration from inside Europe generated a £4 billion surplus

Immigrants who came to live in Britain from outside Europe cost the public purse nearly £120 billion over 17 years, a new report has shown.

The major academic study also found, however, that recent immigration from Europe – driven by the surge in arrivals from eastern European – gave the economy a £4.4 billion boost over the same period.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11209234/Immigration-from-outside-Europe-cost-120-billion.html

Then there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

Angel1

I dont care if they were a net contributor, our country is full.

People talk about all those foreigners working in the NHS, but under the coalition the number of nurses in the NHS has gone down, per head of population.

We can train our own population, we dont want more people in the country polluting the air and adding to the countries carbon footprint.

More people means higher house prices, and fewer social housing, too many people chasing one job, keeping wages down. I guess that is what the Tories want, but its not what I want.

Edited by El Cid