Looking for t-shirt-hoodie supplier/printer for new business!

I think the prices you're expecting to pay are way too low, especially considering you want a bespoke service if i've followed this right. You cant even buy the hoody blanks for that price and as for tees yes you can get for a couple of £ but not for quality. This then still relies on someone being willing to set up each design and do the work for a pittance. Ask yourself would you do the work for £1 or less? The only way you'll get prices even close is for large bulk orders which sounds as though wouldn't be suited and this is risky, what if the designs don't sell? what if the quality isn't up to scatch which is likely at this price. Not many people will want to do one tshirt at a time for what you're offering, its not worth bothering and as you aren't established you can't make the promise yet of huge repeat orders. It may be that you have to pay more in the beginning and as your business and reputation grows renegotiate for better prices.

I think it's great when people start up businesses, but you need to be realistic, working on worst case scenarios rather than best. Good luck

Thank you for the feedback. Your comments actually gave me a great idea for the business which I think can solve my problem.

Cheers

There are a lot of people doing this already. Have you checked out the competition? You sound like you need to do more research and put a business plan together to see if it stacks up. Sourcing stock and knowing your market is all part of running the business.

There are a lot of people doing this already. Have you checked out the competition? You sound like you need to do more research and put a business plan together to see if it stacks up. Sourcing stock and knowing your market is all part of running the business.

There are, but not the way I'm planning on doing it. I am thinking that maybe I should just start with my own little brand instead of doing the business, and once I manage to get a bit of money, invest in the clothes my self and send them to print for cheaper.

Thanks to everyone for their great advice!

There are, but not the way I'm planning on doing it. I am thinking that maybe I should just start with my own little brand instead of doing the business, and once I manage to get a bit of money, invest in the clothes my self and send them to print for cheaper.

Thanks to everyone for their great advice!

You are adding an extra step to businesses already out there, your competitors. This puts you at a disadvantage to start with. I know of someone who prints his own clothing or crockery. You order the item, he prints it and posts it out to you. He doesn't need to send items to a middle man to get printed.

If you are serious, look at price of sublimation printers to base your business on then look at the services already offered by others. I wouldn't think about it unless you are going to do the printing yourself.

You are adding an extra step to businesses already out there, your competitors. This puts you at a disadvantage to start with. I know of someone who prints his own clothing or crockery. You order the item, he prints it and posts it out to you. He doesn't need to send items to a middle man to get printed.

If you are serious, look at price of sublimation printers to base your business on then look at the services already offered by others. I wouldn't think about it unless you are going to do the printing yourself.

I've got a mate who has a brand and also uses a printer, he told me that they don't charge too much. Also i might add that I have an instagram account with 11,000 followers. (average about 2k likes per picture)so that would be an easy way to get some really good exposure

I think it's great when people start up businesses, but you need to be realistic, working on worst case scenarios rather than best. Good luck

And these are the key words. :)

Exactly cancer and Ha3el. I fear the op isn't going to listen though. What is the point in using a mates brand? Is it going to be their mates business or their own?

OP - Use the mate to subcontract the printing to but set up your own business and hence own 'brand'.

I've got a mate who has a brand and also uses a printer, he told me that they don't charge too much. Also i might add that I have an instagram account with 11,000 followers. (average about 2k likes per picture)so that would be an easy way to get some really good exposure

Liking a picture on Instagram requires someone to make one click without much thought.

Buying a clothing item online requires the person to actually want to wear the design in public, find wallet, open wallet, input card details and click order.

Exactly cancer and Ha3el. I fear the op isn't going to listen though. What is the point in using a mates brand? Is it going to be their mates business or their own?

OP - Use the mate to subcontract the printing to but set up your own business and hence own 'brand'.

I never said I'm gonna use my mates brand. Its all gonna be mine. I have my own designs and I'm making my own website for my brand! What I meant t say about my friend is that he has a clothing line that altough he deigns it all , he sends to get printed. If you look at the prices of T-shirt/hoodie printers they are about 2k I just don't have that money to start with!

I never said I'm gonna use my mates brand. Its all gonna be mine. I have my own designs and I'm making my own website for my brand! What I meant t say about my friend is that he has a clothing line that altough he deigns it all , he sends to get printed. If you look at the prices of T-shirt/hoodie printers they are about 2k I just don't have that money to start with!

If you don't have 2K then you should not be starting up.

Any business needs a pot of money to start with.

I think you are getting a bit carried away with your designs. It is great you have a passion but your passion may not be shared by others.

Look at Bang Tidy, do you think they like their name? Probably not but it is a TV phrase which people relate to and makes for an amusing user name on Ebay. All the t shirts they do follow current trends and markets. They do an IPood baby suit in style of IPod. With the right search terms someone will find that on Ebay (baby present) and order it. They print it on site and send it off. You have to cater for your market.

Please listen to people on here and do something different. Even if you have an amazing design which is adored worldwide, someone will come along and rip it off.

If you don't have 2K then you should not be starting up.

Any business needs a pot of money to start with.

I think you are getting a bit carried away with your designs. It is great you have a passion but your passion may not be shared by others.

Look at Bang Tidy, do you think they like their name? Probably not but it is a TV phrase which people relate to and makes for an amusing user name on Ebay. All the t shirts they do follow current trends and markets. They do an IPood baby suit in style of IPod. With the right search terms someone will find that on Ebay (baby present) and order it. They print it on site and send it off. You have to cater for your market.

Please listen to people on here and do something different. Even if you have an amazing design which is adored worldwide, someone will come along and rip it off.

Well, every business is a risk, I'm willing to take it, if it works great and if not, i'll move on with my life. I'm not planning of getting rich from it, I only want other people to be able to buy my designs! My designs will also follow current trends. I think you are seriously underestimating the amount of power social media and a few giveaways has! But let's see what happens. A lot of great brands have started only from determination. Once they make a bit of money they are then able to start investing.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am still looking for printers so if you are one please contact me (willing to pay around £7-10 per item)

I think you are seriously underestimating the amount of power social media and a few giveaways has!

Been there and done that.

Social media populated by kids who don't have credit cards.

Giveaways just devalues your product. Who is going to spend £20 on your product when you've given it away to their mate for free.

Good luck with it all but I'll give you two options - you can pursue your business or send me a cheque for £500. Will you lose more than £500? Lets revisit in one year.